What have you eaten Sunday 11/10/2019 to Saturday 11/16/2019?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Meatloaf, spinach, mashed and gravy.

meatloaf_111419_IMG_6426.jpg

Embryodad

Yeah Lee.... I cube the eggplant 3/4 inch pieces size....salt and boil them until soft. drain and add to your favorite Italian meatball mix.
I form them into oval and flattened, and bake in 350 F oven till slightly firmed and browned. Top with sauce or tomatoes, foil cover and bake till done. 45 minutes + -
I used to fry them in shallow oil, but baked is less of a heart cloger.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD's ordered Tacos from La Taqueria. Hub and I had smoked pork chop and scrambled eggs. I didn't get a picture but here's an old picture of the chop. Was really good.

smoked_pork_chop_111519_P1090814.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Grilled Ham Steak on a bed of Skillet Cabbage w/ Bacon, the ever-present Salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing...

Ham Steak, Grilled, Cabbage.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
this is titled Slab Apple Cake. kind of an open face Apple strudel...
I used puff pastry rolled out veddy thin; pre-baked about 50% then filled.
- four apples/sugar/cin - 'icing' is 115g of 10x sugar with 2T milk hit with a splash of almond extract.
golden delicious apples - I was surprised they didn't cook down more - but we'll manage!

IMG_0468.jpg

Embryodad

Well....supper was solved.
Leftover chix soup and noodles. And 2 Mazzo Balls.
Two frozen / breaded fish patties. Oven Baked.( Greasy )

I need dessert now; with a tea or coffee. I'm wishing for peach slices in syrup on toasted english muffins buttered with peanut butter.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We went out for dinner to a Korean p!ace. Korean fried dumplings and seafood pancakes for apps. Pork belly wraps for me, a HUGE amount of pork belly, I hardly made a dent. Spicy pork and squid bulgogi for Craig, and I do mean spicy. I took 1 bite and went for the rice and soju. Banchans were Korean boiled peanuts, bean sprout salad, kimchee, Korean potato salad and rice. Soju to drink.

I burned my poor finger on the serving dish for my pork belly. It came out sizzling, and I do mean sizzling. The end of my middle finger touched the metal platter for just an instant. I immediately stuck it in my ice water, but still have over a 1/2 long x over 1/4 inch wide blister.

Embryodad

I need dessert now; with a tea or coffee. I'm wishing for peach slices in syrup on toasted english muffins buttered with peanut butter.

IMG_1660 (481x640).jpg

IMG_1659 (480x640).jpg

And the best part.....is the lump of peanut butter before the jar is put away! :yum:

IMG_1662 (480x640).jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I took a chuck tender roast out of the freezer last night.
I'll braise it, then put it in the slow cooker with carrots, potatoes, onions, and baby bellas.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Grilled Delmonico Steak on a bed of Memphis-Style BBQ Sauce, Air-Baked Sweet Potato, "Tex-Mex" Sweet Corn with Chopped Poblano & Red Pepper, Salad of Iceberg, Beefsteak and Radish with Red Wine Vinaigrette...

Delmonico Steak.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
An untraditional paella. Finally got to use my Bomba rice. There's Maine lobster (small) claw and tail meat, shrimp, chicken, chorizo, some of Craig's home cured bacon that was leftover from something else, some sofrito that I made a huge batch of and froze in portions a while back, green peas and roasted red bell strips, and, of course, some saffron.

Attachments

• 2019-11-16 18.37.47.jpg
    2019-11-16 18.37.47.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 140

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Family had Burger King. I had a burger (no bun) and a small boiled potato with butter.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmmm, love pork steaks - they're so forgiving!

I usually grill them, but those look great, med! I'll try them.

Lee