Chicken Parm.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Ingredients;

For Marinara Sauce;

1/2 cup onions.

2 teaspoons oil.

1-8th stick of butter.

1 medium can tomato puree or tomato sauce.

1 equal size can of water.

1/4 teaspoon each of the following dried herbs;

Oregano.
Whole Basil.
Sylvia's Seasoning.
Poultry seasoning.
Garlic powder.

2 teaspoons sugar.

1/4 cup grated parm chees.

For coating;

1-1/2 cups cracker crumbs.

1/4 cup flour.

For chicken;

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved.

1 egg, beaten.

1/8 teaspoon each;

Salt.
Ground black pepper.
Sage.
Oregano.
Garlic powder.

1/4 cup oil.

1 cup mozzarella.

Directions;

Heat oil with butter in small sauce pot over medium heat. Add onions and sautee for about 20 minutes. Add next eight ingredients. Simmer over moderate heat until sauce is half reduced and thickened.

Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over moderate heat. Add beaten egg to chicken breasts. Add seasonings. Coat chicken breasts with cracker / flour mixture. Add to heated oil in skillet. Brown lightly on both sides. There should be only a tiny bit of oil left in skillet.

Spoon marinara over each piece of chicken and on the sides in skillet. Sprinkle each piece with a generous portion of mozzarella. Sprinkle each piece with a pinch of oregano.

Cover skillet and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes. Serves four. Enjoy! :eating2:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 130
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 130

Shermie

Site Supporter
I think that the next time that I want Veal or Eggplant Parm, I'll do it this way as well!!

They don't have to be deep fried & baked in the oven. It can all be done on top of the stove! :eating2:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks spectacular, Shermie!

Nice job!

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I do eggplant first breaded (panko + flour or cornmeal), pan fried for color crisp, but then finish in the oven to cook the eggplant al dente... I find finishing the eggplant in oven is more controllable / predictable than in a pan.

not sure if the breading would take a long soak on the stove top.

Attachments

• DSC_0127s.jpg
    DSC_0127s.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0130s.jpg
    DSC_0130s.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 122

Shermie

Site Supporter
That looks spectacular, Shermie!

Nice job!

Lee

Thanks, QSis!

I believe that it was a big hit!!

It was YOU who influenced & inspired me to try it this way, behind your Buffalo Chicken Breast recipe.

I'm sincerely grateful to you for posting your recipe, for it has opened up new avenues for me to make this and be proud of it!!

Thanks again!! :eating2:

Ian M.

Shermie, that chicken parm looks luscious! You should go into business as a chef for people who have to avoid lots of things like you do...................

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks!

Yeah, I used to cook for a living years ago. But in today's lousey stinking economy, it is so tough & next to impossible trying to find any job! :sad: