dieting is sooooo boring.....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
& i'm gonna be bored till i'm 120. that's 30 pounds away!

i eat stuff like kix with lite vanilla soymilk, tuna with lemon & pepper, sugarless jell-o, rice cakes with F/F cream cheese & sugarless jelly, salads with F/F catalina, cheese, turkey, lemon & garlic london broil from dietz & watson, grilled cheeses with spray parkay instead of butter, etcetera. i snack on saltines & fruits & veggies, too. i drink a pop in the morning, & sometimes gatorade. (not diet, regular.) & 4 bottles of water, plus later i drink me a few adult drinks.

i'm gonna buy more seafood- i already got mussels & clams & some ground pecans for coating fish.

what else can i add to my list?

i'm not hungry, & the stuff tastes relatively yummy, considering, though i crave variety in my diet!

at least this cycle at school is mostly charcuterie & things like making pastrami, corned beef, bacon, mousses & pates, that stuff i can have, cause it's ketogenic.

what else can i cook, guys? thanks!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Here are some lo-cal things that I like: cottage cheese with a light sprinkle of Lawry's seasoned salt, sauteed fresh spinach with a side of hardboiled eggs, stewed okra and tomatoes, veggie stir fry...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanks, cooksie! i love cottage cheese sometimes, & have a container of it. yum, spinach & eggs, sounds great, & veggies are delish!

have you tried root veggie hash or roasted veggies? those would be my 2 picks.

suziquzie

finding something to do very far from a kitchen is VERY helpful.
Go outside and dont come back.

Appetite for anything but fresh vegies will disappear.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanks, suz, 'cept i'm paying to be in a kitchen! i'm a culinary student! :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
have you tried root veggie hash or roasted veggies? those would be my 2 picks.

I haven't tried root veggie hash. How do you cook that? I do roasted veggies all the time. I just cut up the veg's that I want, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning salt, and roast in a 425 oven. I'm always interested in new ways. Any culinary tips to share?

High Cheese

Saucier
Get one of Ellie Kreigers cookbooks, watch your portions and excersize. Alot of people just don't eat or eat less which is the worst thing you can do because your body will think it's starving and store fat. Try to eat little, healthy snaks throughout the day to keep your metabolism up.

Also, it's ok to come off The Wagon once a week, I mean you only live once.

Good luck.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't tried root veggie hash. How do you cook that? I do roasted veggies all the time. I just cut up the veg's that I want, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoning salt, and roast in a 425 oven. I'm always interested in new ways. Any culinary tips to share?

you small dice root veggies (1/4x1/4x1/4), boil them seperately till tender, drain & toss together, pour a little olive oil into a baby-sized teflon pan, smush your veggies down into the center with a spatula, (preseasoned veggies with salt & wht. pepper), cook till golden brown, flip, & cook till golden. :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Get one of Ellie Kreigers cookbooks, watch your portions and excersize. Alot of people just don't eat or eat less which is the worst thing you can do because your body will think it's starving and store fat. Try to eat little, healthy snaks throughout the day to keep your metabolism up.

Also, it's ok to come off The Wagon once a week, I mean you only live once.

Good luck.

thanks! i'm a snacker instead of a meal person, so that's great for me.