I'm back!!!

AllenOK

Someone I know on another forum offered us a free satellite modem. We called them yesterday to arrange pickup. Well, the gent I know was sleeping. His wife took a message. I went to work. On the way to work, PeppA calls me, out-of-breath and excited. The modem we had was working! Something told her to plug it in and see if it worked. So, we are now back up and running. I've thanked that gent I know for his offer, even though we didn't take him up on it.

I've been busy!!! Last week was out Invitational Tourney.

I've been fishing. Got my 'yak tagged/titled/registered. The State of Oklahoma wants just about ANYTHING that floats to be registered. I know the Lake Patrol doesn't mess with folks that put a floating lawn chair in the water, but ALL small craft, including tubes, have to be registered. Cost me $35.25 to tag my boat.

I made some juglines up and tossed those into a nearby lake. I managed to catch one catfish. In the process of putting it into my cooler, it flipped out of the cooler and back into the lake. No biggie. Grow bigger. It would have barely fed one person anyway.

buckytom

Grill Master
welcome back allen.

i was thinking of you the other day when (my friend) ozzy's brother told me that i was going to get ozzy's capote coat. i'll take a pic when i get it.

have fun catchin' them cats.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Allen, welcome back. Sure sounds like you been having some fun terrorizing those cats. :D Do you catch any turtles on those milk jug set ups? That's what we'd get more often than not.

AllenOK

Doc, I haven't caught any turtles, yet. I have had my bait stripped off of several hooks. I've always assumed it's either sunfish or turtles. Turtles are easy to take care of, just flip them on their back, use pliers to remove the hook, them toss them out of the boat. In my case, being a kayak, I may have to do all of this from the air, holding the line, or the turtle's tail. Or, I could just cut the drop with the hook and let the turtle deal with the hook itself. I know a big snapper would get that treatment quick!

BT, I'd love to see that capote!

Lily, Qsis, and Mini, thanks for the WB! I've been going into withdrawls!

PanchoHambre

Great to see you back Allen... have not been around too much myself but I am working on getting back in the groove

Glad to hear things are going good down south.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Welcome back, fellow fisherman. I have not been able to fish since getting back from Michigan on July 5th. Now with DD's wedding and two big renovations on the table and a trip to Florida to work on other DD's condo, it looks like September might be the next time i see my gear. Hope you're getting out more often than that.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
WelcomeBack1-1.gif