NCT's Iron Chef 17: Battle Burger

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
When I make burgers I do it in bulk and freeze them. Today I made BBQ Tempeh Burgers, Chickpea Burgers and Thai Burgers. The highlight was the mushrooms that I sauted in a bit of coconut milk and red curry paste. It was amazing piled on the Thai burgers. . . I'll post pics tomorrow.

That comment made me bust up. Thanks!
your welcome and your burgers sound yummy do you have a picture?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
85% lean, about 6 oz raw...served on garlic toasted kaiser rolls, provolone cheese, sauteed mushrooms, garden tomato slices and romaine lettuce leaves.

Septemberpictures003.jpg

Septemberpictures005.jpg
Septemberpictures006.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
85% lean, about 6 oz raw...served on garlic toasted kaiser rolls, provolone cheese, sauteed mushrooms, garden tomato slices and romaine lettuce leaves.

Septemberpictures003.jpg

Septemberpictures005.jpg
Septemberpictures006.jpg

Vera!!!
What a burger! What an explosion of deliciousness!
yumee!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
cooksie!! yummy i love sloppy joes made the proper way!! to explain my comment - when i worked in shorthills,NJ they called a deli cold cut sammie with coleslaw a sloppy joe.

chowhound

Wow.... those are some tasty looking burgers for sure! You just can't go wrong with a burger. So many good combinations. Love the sloppy joe, too. I'll have to try that recipe of Mama's. And the fries are so crispy!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Brie stuffed burger on poppy seed roll and a bed of red leaf lettuce topped with Tabasco spicey ketchup, smoked gouda and pickle chips.

brie_burger_090609_1_P1030934.JPG

brie_burger_090609_2_P1030936.JPG

brie_burger_090609_3_P1030936.JPG

Last edited:

chowhound

Wow..... excellent.
I was half watching DD&Ds this afternoon and I think I heard a diner owner call his burger a brie burger. I looked over long enough to see him pressing the patties around the cheese. Yours looks better, peeps!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wow..... excellent.
I was half watching DD&Ds this afternoon and I think I heard a diner owner call his burger a brie burger. I looked over long enough to see him pressing the patties around the cheese. Yours looks better, peeps!
thank you chow.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Well, we eat ours 2 different ways, so I have to make the burgers to order.

The first one is just plain with lettuce, pickle, mayo, and raw onion, cooked medium.

Mine is with swiss, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, Peter Luger Steak Sauce, cooked medium rare.

Attachments

• hamburger3.jpg
    hamburger3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 302
  • hamburger (2).jpg
    hamburger (2).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 400

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

The first one is just plain with lettuce, pickle, mayo, and raw onion, cooked medium.

Mine is with swiss, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, Peter Luger Steak Sauce, cooked medium rare.
very nice looking burgers SS.

vyapti

OK, here's my pics. I made two of my staple freezer bound burgers and created a new burger. The Thai Tempeh burgers I made for dinner were sweet and tangy but not hot. I would have added about twice as many peppers, but my family prevailed. The mushrooms were simply sauteed with some soy milk and red curry paste, which was really good too.

Tempeh Burgers:

Chickpea Burgers:

BBQ Tempeh Burgers:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OK, here's my pics. I made two of my staple freezer bound burgers and created a new burger. The Thai Tempeh burgers I made for dinner were sweet and tangy but not hot. I would have added about twice as many peppers, but my family prevailed. The mushrooms were simply sauteed with some soy milk and red curry paste, which was really good too.

Tempeh Burgers:

Chickpea Burgers:

BBQ Tempeh Burgers:

oh yummy!! i thought you had said coconut curry last night. BTW gotta love the tots!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
WOW! Look at the burgers rolling in! You guys are awesome! Incredible job everyone!! :clap:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

OMG!! I love the burger, I love the plate! It's so cute :flowers::lol:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Tempeh Burgers:

Chickpea Burgers:

BBQ Tempeh Burgers:

Matt, I knew you'd come up with something different and delicious AND veggie. Awesome.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yep, good thread worth a bump.
However, I feel bad reading back over the time I was snarky to Peeps (for which I apologized for shortly thereafter).

My vote goes to Sage's burger.
Or I think Peeps should enter hers in here late (the recent one she made)-the one with the cheese placed on the bottom.