Ground black pepper
Ground hot pepper flakes
Grated Romano and parmesan cheese
Parsley (fresh chopped fine or dry)
Oregano (fresh chopped fine or dry)
Basil (fresh chopped fine or dry)
Olive oil

Preheat oven to 450°F.
Wash and core tomatoes. With a small knife or a spoon remove the inside of the tomato leaving only a thin layer of tomato on the skin. Reserve the insides and chop small. Season the inside of the tomato shells with salt, black pepper and olive oil. In bowl place chopped tomato and all other ingredients except olive oil to taste. Mix well. Add just enough olive oil till crumb mixture holds together. Stuff the tomatoes with the crumb mixture and mound if necessary. Drizzle top with small amount of olive oil. Place in pan and bake in oven till tomatoes are tender when knife is inserted in the side. About 30 minutes. Turn oven to broil. Broil till tops are crisp and brown.

021511_stuffed_tomato.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sounds good to me too- I would sure like to see a picture from the finished product!
my family is tomatoed out at the moment. i have made so much tomato salad and such. i will make these soon (maybe next week) and i will take a pic.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
btw those heat vapors are real not an effect. i was amazed they showed in the pictures.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Good'n Peepster !!

I haven't stuffed any stuff in a while........... think I'll do these this w/end !

UH, OH !
no quantities ??
that guarantees a screw-up on my part !!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Wow......those look great! Have you ever added crumbled sausage to the stuffing?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Good'n Peepster !!

I haven't stuffed any stuff in a while........... think I'll do these this w/end !

UH, OH !
no quantities ??
that guarantees a screw-up on my part !!
thank you!! you can do it. chop the inside of the tomato that you scoop out. season the chopped up tomato till it tastes good to you, then only add an equal or less amount of crumbs and cheese (combined) as the tomato insides. then just enough oli to hold it together. just keep checking the taste till it is good to you. just don't taste it all gone!! LOL