What's cooking NCT Sunday 3/19/2017 - Saturday 3/25/2017

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Good Morning Adillo !

Defrosting a slab of Tilapia, just n case I can't convince the Warden to go out fer din !

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Grilled burgers on the patio on toasted onion rolls, cuke and carrot salad, chips and whatever else.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made a double batch of hot and sour soup. I also made some chicken green chili tamales a while back and only have two left. I plan on making more as soon as I get some corn husks.

Johnny West

I'll have to bookmark that potato salad recipe.

After church I ended up in the bar at Ralph Lauren's and had coffee and a Bloody Mary. When my brother and Jim came in we decided to have lunch there and I had the smoked salmon Benedict. It had a fried potato patty under the salmon and was one of the best I've had. For dinner we got (delivery) Lou Malnati's Chicago Style butter crust pizza - with sausage and pepperoni. I'm getting spoiled.

Attachments

• ########Bennie RL.JPG
    ########Bennie RL.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 155

Ironman

🍺
I'll have to bookmark that potato salad recipe.

After church I ended up in the bar at Ralph Lauren's and had coffee and a Bloody Mary. When my brother and Jim came in we decided to have lunch there and I had the smoked salmon Benedict. It had a fried potato patty under the salmon and was one of the best I've had. For dinner we got (delivery) Lou Malnati's Chicago Style butter crust pizza - with sausage and pepperoni. I'm getting spoiled.
How was it??? Dang Johnny, I'm about 1.5hours north of the Windy City, just above the border in WI... always wanted to try Lou's pizza (being a pizza connoisseur that I am). Father & Son pizza was my all time fav down there. Next time you are in chi town and going to Lou's, holler at me! I'll buy! :)

Johnny West

It's the best pizza I've had and wish we had something like this in the Tacoma area. We got the butter crust which is not as deep as the deep dish - it was still about an inch thick. The sauce has chunks of flavorful tomato, the sausage is lower fat and meaty, and the mozzarella thick and stringy. What can I say?

I'm not sure when I'll get back this way again. I only come here every 3-4 years.

I used to live in Zion and worked in Kenosha. I've not been there in almost 40 years!

Attachments

• ########Lou's.JPG
    ########Lou's.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 152

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was the Tilapia, Baked, with Field Peas , Rice, and an Iceberg Wedge.

Maybe I can get out to dinner tonight......

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Probably battered fish, chips (thin crinkle cuts) and more cuke and carrot salad.
One of these days I'll start posting dinner pics again.
---
About that salad.
All it is is sliced cucumber and shredded or sliced carrot with Girard's Champagne dressing.
A new simple favourite for me.
Yep..

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Florida lobster with Cajun butter, and cajun rice ala Paul Prudhomme's recipe. The Cajun butter has the trinity plus a carrot, as well as some spices, including cayenne obviously, and fresh basil and oregano. We're saving what's left of the butter for grilled shrimp.

picture.php

Johnny West

Tonight we went to L. Woods and I had the walleye and house made chips for dinner. Apple strudel was the dessert. I'd not had walleye in three years and this hit the spot. The potato chips were a nice change from franc fries as well. A scene from Oceans 11 was shot in L. Woods but never have seen that movie.

Attachments

• ########Walleye.JPG
    ########Walleye.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 135

Johnny West

Today we went to Costco then stopped at Kaufmann's Deli for lunch.
I had the pastrami on rye and a bag of Jays potato chips. I can't
remember when I've had Jays - 1974? The sandwich is what I expected
and the dill pickle the good sour kind. We have no deli's like this where
I live.

Tonight I'm making the guys a caesar salad and will have a kosher baked
chicken from Mariano's. We are done eating out.

Ironman

🍺
Cheesy Potato and hamburger casserole with bread and butter. Nothing fancy just a meat and potato comfort dish.
:readytoeat:

Embryodad

Today was a poor Italians dinner.

olives, peppers, and a piece of cheese, and a couple tears of bread.

2 slices of salami....

Wine to wash it down.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Today we went to Costco then stopped at Kaufmann's Deli for lunch.
I had the pastrami on rye and a bag of Jays potato chips. I can't
remember when I've had Jays - 1974? The sandwich is what I expected
and the dill pickle the good sour kind. We have no deli's like this where
I live.

Tonight I'm making the guys a caesar salad and will have a kosher baked
chicken from Mariano's. We are done eating out.

I can't find a good full sour pickle anywhere anymore. Jimmy do have any ideas where to find a good sour pickle anywhere?

Tonight was pot roast, potatoes and mixed veggies.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Last night's dinner (Tuesday) was a cobb salad with homemade spicy ranch dressing. Yummy and all gone.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday, I carried in Italian Hoagies and Potato Salad from our favorite Deli....

We've got two small Strip steaks defrosting... will have Stuffed Portabella's,
and a side salad tonight.

Looks like no dining out till next week :yuk:

Johnny West

I'm making the guys pork roast, potatoes, onions, and asparagus for tonight. There is Jewish rye bread, as well. I leave in the early morning tomorrow.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade yogurt is in fridge straining and chilling. Homemade lemon curd is in instant pot cooking.
Dinner will be stuffed shells and veggie to be determined later.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had dirty rice and collard greens for dinner Wednesday night. Tonight's dinner will probably be a fritatta with pancetta and yukon gold potatoes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The stuffed shells were good.
I got 2 meals out of 1 lb. jumbo shells. Yield 40 stuffed shells. 20 were (4 servings of 5 each) used for dinner tonight. Sauce in baking dish, shells, sauce, grated parmesan, Romano and mozzarella cheese. Baked till cheese melted and heated through.
The other 20 stuffed shells (no sauce) were placed in freezer on a tray. When frozen I put them in a Ziploc bag. They are ready to be placed in dish, sauced, cheesed and baked. Quick easy meal.

The yogurt was strained for 12 hours. It's now a nice thick yogurt. It has the consistency of soft cream cheese and has a nice and tangy flavor. I have tacos planned for tomorrow and will use some in place of sour cream.
The rest will be slightly sweetened with some the whey that was drained. I will warm it slightly and dissolve a small amount of sugar in it. Then stir it back into the yogurt.

yogurt_P1100035.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
No cooking today.
Red Lobster or Bob Evans.
Shall we flip a coin? lol

Bob Evans!

I wonder if they have begun serving their lemon pie. We only had it once when the timing was right. We were going to Disney and stopped at a BE in fla. We got the last of the lemon pie they had for the season. ::(: Haven't had it since but it was wonderful. I found a knockoff and will have to try it.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Bob Evans!

I wonder if they have begun serving their lemon pie. We only had it once when the timing was right. We were going to Disney and stopped at a BE in fla. We got the last of the lemon pie they had for the season. ::(: Haven't had it since but it was wonderful. I found a knockoff and will have to try it.

Maybe next time Peeps.
Not sure on the lemon pie.
I rarely get desserts, but my friends do at times.