What is Your Weather?

Embryodad

Hackettstown only got 10 inches at the most. I'm looking at only 8 on my back deck.
Now at 12:30 noon, the wind is whipping up.
A few miles north of me got 17 inches. My cousin in Scranton / Wilkes Barre area got 17 inches.

GD is going out later to clean the cars and the driveway.

Embryodad

The storm is over. Nothing spectacular. Just 12 inches of snow; with 18 inch drifts whiling around in the wind.
GD shoveled off the cars, and the neighbor broke through the plowed ice / slush, that had us blocked in.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We ended up with eight inches (they had predicted 14-18)
Very heavy snow ! Nephew and a friend showed up to dig us out ! :thankyou:

Embryodad

All cleaned out, well, at least we are not snowed in. Mommy just went to her pedicure appointment in Newton. I told her, have fun finding a parking spot.

I'm just gonna throw some rock salt, and ride out the melt.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
we had about 12" - wet snow, then sleet/rain, then snow, then freezing.

I have a single stage snow blower than can handle 16-20" no problem, but a single stage and wet snow = instant chute jams and a major no go.

my neighbor had his grass guy coming (the neighbor has a mega-Honda 2 stage snow blower....???<<my reaction) and four of us agreed to have the snow done by the grass guy....

well, coming at 1pm/ then coming at 5pm, then coming in 45 minutes . . .
shows up at 8pm - oh the truck broke down....then badda-bing-badda-mo'bad.... snow blower breaks down - half a driveway and 'that's all folks'

YOU'RE FIRED!

so today 'the neighborhood' did it's thing with the homeowner's two stage snowblower. cleaned out all the drives&walks - no grass catcher required.

this is the second time in 15 years where a wet heavy big snow put me under. end of season gonna' get me a two-stage. can't rely on anything but yourself anymore.

Embryodad

I had to rely on the neighbor to cut me out of the snow.
The wife and her friend, decided to clean out the garage, and they took the snow blower, a 24" Troy Bilt in great condition, and they dragged it to the back and shoved it under the deck, and covered it with a tarp haphazardly.
I go to gas it, and the tarp is frozen to the ground. Also, the way they put the tarp on, it leaked water, and the blower is frozen to the ground. I Quit!
SOooooo! I was nastily asked,"What are you gonna do?".... My answer was, "I don't know, but if I were you, I would suggest YOU call Macgyver!"

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lol Jimmy! I guess women just don't think right when it comes to some stuff.

It's finally warming up around here. Low 80's today and I'm loving it.

On the down side, the yellow pollen has been out for about a week and a half...ah choo :glare:. We need one good rain to wash it out of the trees and bid goodbye to it.

Saliha

The spring is almost here - almost all snow has melted, temperatures are above the zero at the most of days but still some cold nights and slight snowing occasionally.

Embryodad

It got up to 54 today. I was outside helping the neighbor with the brakes on his car, and I was sweating. Tomorrow will be 27 degrees; much better!
The good thing is, we got tons of snow yet!

Johnny West

It was sunny, windy, and 29 this morning in downtown Chicago. The buildings add to the wind tunnel effect but after appointments it warmed up and felt nice. The lake waves were impressive.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Thunderstorms off-and-on all day today.......... YAY ! Thunder usually means a warm front pushing in !

Embryodad

47 º out, and cloudy. Rained all morning, but waiting in the calm, for more rain coming from the Westerly storm. We shall see!:confused:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Today: Cloudy and windy with periods of rain this afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

Tonight: Rain and wind early...then a period of snow overnight. Low 31F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of precip 100%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Embryodad

Gray, Gloomy and Rainy. Earlier, there were a couple of nickle size snow flakes mixed with the rain. Now it's 39º and over an inch of rain is predicted for later.
Flooding is already happening on the rivers. Even the Delaware.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We've got that rain and gloom Embryodad .... but please keep those flakes up there ...........

Johnny West

Lots of rain here. Lightning and thunderstorm overnight.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thankfully we don't get a lot lightening in this area.

Today rain is moving in with wind predicted to be 50+ MPH and 75 MPH on the coast. I'll run to WinCo before Amelia gets here.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Thankfully we don't get a lot lightening in this area.

Today rain is moving in with wind predicted to be 50+ MPH and 75 MPH on the coast. I'll run to WinCo before Amelia gets here.
The snow began last night. The roads were icy. My driveway was cleared this morning.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Damp and gloomy in Philly..........

Hard rain expected later today..............

Oatmeal for Breakfast !

Johnny West

We had a series of electrical storms pass though yesterday afternoon and through part of the night. There was one huge boomer in my immediate neighborhood that shook the house and knocked out the TV. The mrs was at hospital and it was hit with lightening and knocked out all the elevators for the whole complex.

Embryodad

It's a lovely rainy day today. Well, it's lovely because we are looking at it through the kitchen window. hahahahaha.....
It's 51º out. We have the heat on to take out the chill.