Low Carb Diets

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been trying to drop 30 pounds since the beginning of the year and I have not done well. So last Monday I decided to try a low carb diet. I was talking to someone who had just been on the low carb for one week and had lost 6 pounds. So I tried it. I lost 7 pounds so far and it has not been near as tough as I thought it would be. Tomorrow morning will be my full one week weigh in.

Now I have to make it through the second week of what I consider low carb boot camp, and then on to OWL (Ongoing Weight Loss) phase, aka phase 2 of the Atkins low carb diet.

So I'm very interested in low carb recipes. Please post those if you have them. And I'm interested in others experiences. I always thought this was a crazy way to lose weight, but it seems to work. My original plan of changing eating habits by eating less in general simply did not work for me. At one point I was not eating enough, and as most of you know that can cause more problems than being overweight.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No, not avoiding all carbs. But most. The carbs I do get I am getting from vegetables. I'm eating more veggies than I normally would, lots more. And meats. The majority of my dinners are salad with topped with the meat of the day. Bacon, steak, chicken, turkey & pastrami mostly. I've also had more fish than I normally would. Salmon and Tiloppia with a salad on the side.
I'm having scrambled eggs for breakfast with a couple pieces of bacon or sausage.
No bread of any type. I did have a low carb pizza. It's pizza without the crust. Not near as good but it sufficed.
I have one more week of this type of diet and then I can introduce more carbs back into my diet.
Cheese is also okay on this diet. So i put shredded cheesse over my salads and will usually have cheese of some type for a snack. Celery with cream cheese is a fav.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
One idea:

http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/836442/7146656.aspx

Dana Carpender’s Heroin Wings

4 pounds chicken wings
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut the wings into drumsticks, saving the pointy tips. (Not sure what to do with those wingtips? Freeze them for soup—they make great broth).

Combine the Parmesan cheese and the parsley, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl.

Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil. (Do not omit this step, or you will still be scrubbing the pan a week later.)

Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan.

Dip each drumstick in butter, roll in the cheese and seasoning mixture, and arrange in the foil-lined pan.

Bake for 1 hour, and kick yourself for not having made a double recipe!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie!!!! Mmmmm those do sound good for sure. I'll have to try them. :D