Slow-Cooker Texas Chili on the BGE

Ross in Ventura

I started out with these ingredients and finished with more

Browning 2.5 lbs. Tri-Tip cut to 2 in. pieces

Onions and garlic sweating

The rest of the vegetables

Hatch Chiles going in

Pulled @ 7 hrs. it was very spicy hot put in the fridg. over night

The next morning I added red potatoes and Beef Bouillon and sauted for four more hrs. to tenderize the meat it was tough. In the end it turned out very nice and tasty like it should

Recipe I started with:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/slow-cooker-texas-chili-recipe.html

Thanks for lookin

Ross

chilefarmer

Ross, you at it again, and it is looking mighty good. Love chili, one of my favorites. Cornbread? Like the photos to. CF

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've never seen chili like that. Awesome. I bet it was smokin hot. Mmmmmm
Thanks Ross!!!!!!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ross, I've heard so much about hatch chilis, but have never had one. I understand that they are to die for when they are roasted.

Were yours canned? If so, I MIGHT be able to find some canned hatch chilis in the Boston area.

Lee

Ross in Ventura

Ross, I've heard so much about hatch chilis, but have never had one. I understand that they are to die for when they are roasted.

Were yours canned? If so, I MIGHT be able to find some canned hatch chilis in the Boston area.

Lee
No Lee they roasted by me. I get them here fresh here in Ventura I Agust

Ross

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I think I can see your roasted chiles off to the right in your first picture. They look a lot like poblano chiles I get here in Mexico, and I roast them the same way, then peel and chop. They are not too hot, just have a nice bright lift to them. Do you think they are similar? Your chili, by the way, looks outstanding. Beautiful color.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Hey Karen, I was thinking they were hatch chiles? Anyhow Ross, this looks freakin awesome!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oops. As I re-read my post, I can see that it is confusing. Hmmm. I didn't mention that he had already identified them as hatches. I'm just wondering if they are similar to poblanos, since they appear to look alike.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Hatches are usually hotter than pabs, but look the same. I just noticed the charring on them which led me to believe they were hatches. I love me some hatch chilies!