Search Engines - Admin Question

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’ve noticed we aren’t showing up well on the search engines. When I Google a recipe that I know I only posted here with a specific tag, it never shows.

For example: “Spatchcock Cornish Hen”, all in quotes, gets hits in Google. But none of them are here. And it should be!

Any ideas why? Are we not 100% visible yet?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We have to be listed on the ODP (Open Database Project). Goodle, AOL, MSN etc all download this database as the basis for their search engines.
I have submitted us to the database, but it can take anywhere from two weeks to months for them to get to it and list us.
Also, using the 'tags' will help us as well. Even if you just duplicate the name of your recipe in the tags section that will help get hits.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It will help too if some of the mods want to start submitting this forum to forum directories. The more backlinks we can get the more popular the site will be with the search engines.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I've been modifying my Photobucket pictures that are posted over on DC with a line at the bottom that says...

P1010340.jpg

Do you think that will help?:yum: I'm sure GB & KE like to see that when people look at my old posts, and it MUST help our traffic here.:bounce:
Yes, you can still have an impact even after you've been banned.

Joseph the Antagonist

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kudos Joe. :thumb:

I've had the spiders / web crawlers here for months now. I do not understand why your search does not bring up NCT.
Feel free to submit us to all the directories you know of. Can't hurt for sure.

I just tested googling Net Cooking Talk and we were number one. Also number one for Cooking talk. :thumb:
Give that recipe some time and it should hit also.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, meta tags work. I have key words but I'm sure I did not cover everything. I'll update that soon. If you have keyword suggestions please post them or PM them to me.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Keltin despite our differences, Mav is an excellent computer geek, too. I can't compare your skill levels but I know he knows what he is doing and has already done a whole lot of research on what it takes to make this place sing. I really wish I were a computer geek but with my curiousity, it would probably get me in trouble because I would find things too irresistable not to do.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin despite our differences, Mav is an excellent computer geek, too. I can't compare your skill levels but I know he knows what he is doing and has already done a whole lot of research on what it takes to make this place sing. I really wish I were a computer geek but with my curiousity, it would probably get me in trouble because I would find things too irresistable not to do.

:confused::confused::confused:

'Fraid you lost me with that one.

You seem to imply that I have contradictied or challenged Mav???? I'm lost.