Deep-Fried Cheesecake

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
the first time i had these was at the State Fair of Texas in Dallas. this recipe is very close but the dough is not quite the same but still works great.

they are a little tricky to make but well worth it.

Filling:
3 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Wrapping:
8 tortillas
1/4 cup milk
1 egg white
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon

Topping:
1 cup caramel or chocolate sauce(my favorite is strawberry)
1/4 cup icing sugar
2 cups ice cream (your choice)
4 cups peanut oil for frying (approximately)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add sour cream, flour, vanilla, cinnamon & lemon juice. Mix just until blended. Do not over mix.

Pour into large baking pan lined w/wax paper. Bake 20-25min, or until almost set. Remove from oven and cool to room temp.

Microwave tortillas 30 seconds then lay on counter.

Spoon an even amount of cheesecake filling into center of each tortilla.

In small bowl, whisk together milk and egg white. Brush each roll with egg mixture to seal.

Fold bottom of each tortilla over filling, then fold in each side and roll tortilla up to resemble a burrito.

Freeze at least 2hrs before frying.

In small bowl, combine sugar & cinnamon, then pour on plate.

Heat oil to 350 F.

Submerge rolls. Carefully place 1 or 2 frozen rolls into oil and fry 3-5 min. or until golden brown.

Remove from oil and drain just a little on paper towels. Gently roll in cinnamon sugar and dust with icing sugar.

Cut cheesecake at an angle and serve sauce and ice cream. Enjoy!

*** after making these, i have found that after you make the cheese filling, put it into the freezer to firm up. when you are ready,you can cut how much of the mixture you want to lay into the tortilla better.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Bam's, if you look at Mexican fried ice cream recipes, it will give you technique ideas. Good ice cream is custard based and a cheesecake is actually like a custard, too. I would definitely freeze the cheesecake before it is fried.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
That makes sense, I will look into that as well.... especially since we love fried ice cream!!
Thanks this sounds good!