Tilapia recipes?

Angie

Hi guys! I bought some frozen tilapia fillets recently and baked them in the oven with butter, lemon and parsley. Hubby loved the texture but needed more flavor. Anyone have other ideas for me?

Thanks!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
some different themes....

- make it blackened
- parmesan crusted with panko bread crumbs
- You can bread them or batter dip them and fry them
- I have also put them on heavy duty foil (one filet per packet) with some dark sesame oil and soy sauce and a little garlic powder and a squeeze or three of lime juice. Then throw on some sliced red and or green peppers, water chestnuts, and snow peas and then wrapped it closed (like a packet..not too tightly closed) and threw them on the grill. They were great! And I made rice on the side.

Spicy Cioppino

4 small (1- to 2-inch diameter) red potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tilapia fillet, diced (about 5 ounces)
4 ounces dry bay scallops (see Note), patted dry
1 small sweet onion, sliced
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend or poultry seasoning
1-2 teaspoons hot paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup water
3 plum tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoons capers, rinsed (optional)
2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley (optional)

1. Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tilapia and scallops; cook, stirring once or twice, until just opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and onion to the pan and stir to coat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to medium-high, add Italian (or poultry) seasoning, paprika to taste, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine, water and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring often, until the onion is tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the fish, scallops, potatoes and capers (if using), return to a simmer and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired.

Abby

More coffee please
Super Site Supporter
I make mine like Ruby Tuesday's makes theirs.

4 filets
cajun spices
(8-12) fresh de-veined shrimp
cream of mushroom soup - 1 can
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
butter

In a large skillet melt 4 T. butter. Sprinkle cajun spices over fish and brown in skillet approx. 4 minutes per side until done. Remove and keep warm. In same skillet add 2 T. butter and melt. Sprinkle cajun spices over shrimp and fry until done. Remove from heat.
In same skillet, add soup and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Serve over tilapia and spoon some shrimp over top.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything!

AllenOK

Another vote for Blackened here. Whenever PeppA buys tilapia, that's how she wants me to fix it.

chowhound

I love the blackened myself, or simply panfried with with cajun seasoning. If baking I sometimes spray it with some cooking spray and sprinkle some dill on it.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Dip them in flour....then in egg with pineapple or apricot preserves (melt it before you add it to the egg.

Then dredge them in coconut. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with a pineapple or apricot mayonnaise.