Doc

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
As you may know Doc was diagnosed with thyroid cancer a while back. He had surgery the 26th.

He posted this message on FF earlier today:

Update
I had the thyroid surgery and all went well until later that evening. I had a heart attack. Enzymes show I hav a blockage somewhere. Catherization tomorrow morning.

I'll b back online as I can. Those of u active on nct and ntt feel free to let them know the reason for my absence.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers

Jim

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Adding my prayers to Doc's speedy recovery.

Geez!

Lee

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Some how I missed this so sorry. Doc get well soon as I'm pulling for you also.

Leni

Then he had to go and have a heart attack the evening after he had the surgery. I suppose if you go and do that the hospital is the place to be. They found a blockage. He should have had his cathertation by now.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Doc posted this update on FF.

And the saga continues.
Catheriization was no problem but the blockage is in a tough spot. They called it the widowaker if I had a heart attack away from a hospital it might have been the end.

But the hospital I was at could not stent the blockage in that location and are not sure a stent can be put in that location. So I was transported to a hosp in Columbus. They will cath me tomorrow and either put in stents or decide the I require a bypass operation. A highly rated hospital and impressive so far. I sure hope stents will work but from the way today's doctor explained it I hav serious doubts stents can work.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, but Doc, bypasses are SO successful!

I know you will be fine. I just know it.

Lee

Ian M.

Doc - Lee's absolutely correct about how routine bypass surgery is - as routine as having your tonsils out! We're all going to be there with you, whatever they decide must be done - and we'll all be sending out prayers for your continued good health and well-being. Stay calm, it's all going to be okay!

Ian

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My wife had her thyroid stopped for good with an isotope iodine, however hers wasn't cancer, so they felt safe leaving it in. Now they discovered it after she had a stroke and heart attack over a two year span as it effects body functions thru out your system.

She now has a blood test once a year with a single pill every day. She has not had any problems since as long as she doesn't miss the pill for more than a day or two.

It does take a while though for them to balance the lack of what ever the thyroid puts in the body to balance your system. Once that the system is balanced they check it to be sure as it does change with age etc over time. Not sure as this applies but regardless good luck with it Doc.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My goodness, you're certainly due for some good news, Doc. You've had a tough road so far, but I'm confident that the doctors will get you well.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sounds like you're in good hands. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.