My dream residence

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
last week we were working out of town on this cabin for a client. we were installing a solar system. this is where i want to retire to..lol

there are lots of pictures that wont fit into one post so stay tuned

the shack
1000193r.jpg

the woodshed - where the solar panel will be installed on top of
1000194v.jpg

the picnic table
1000195e.jpg

view from the water
1000196e.jpg

the water - very beautiful
1000197c.jpg

the outhouse
1000206h.jpg

1000207mjf.jpg

1000208fyc.jpg

inside
1000221e.jpg

1000222v.jpg

More pictures to come...uploading right now

chowhound

They need to install a little inline fan on the outhouse vent tube.
Then it would be perfect ;^)

Very nice place and great location it looks.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
upstairs loft
1000223o.jpg

the technical stuff

inverter box and wires drilled through the logs...it hurt me to drill those logs but thats what the client wanted
1000199s.jpg

1000200t.jpg

the battery box to store your power - all batteries wire and ready to go
1000216h.jpg

box close,insulated and ready for service
1000220x.jpg

finishing pics
1000227o.jpg

1000228e.jpg

thats what we do for a side business... hope you enjoyed the pictures

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
They need to install a little inline fan on the outhouse vent tube.
Then it would be perfect ;^)

Very nice place and great location it looks.

the way it is vented, you get no smell what so ever... then the waste goes into a concrete septic tank

there are no neighbors what so ever.... you can go walking around nekid if desired...lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Love it Jeff and don't blame you for wanting to retire there. I always love the log cabin type places they build around the country too.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Ya mean like we do here?

Great house BTW. :)

i would like to own just the property it sits on...

side fact about this place is that it was all hand built by a 70 year old guy. he hand picked every log and worked every piece.

he is still in contact with the new owner and was upset because we drilled into the logs(but was the present owners choice because he didnt want the battery box inside of cabin)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
i would like to own just the property it sits on...

side fact about this place is that it was all hand built by a 70 year old guy. he hand picked every log and worked every piece.

he is still in contact with the new owner and was upset because we drilled into the logs(but was the present owners choice because he didnt want the battery box inside of cabin)

Can't argue with not putting the battery box in the house at all. Hell they don't put battery boxes in the car except in some drag machines where you are their a few seconds at a time.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
he is actually the first we havent put the battery box inside... being in the northern climate, it is highly recommended to do so... but hey its his money..lol

chowhound

Yeah, that's a tough call on locating the battery box. From a safety standpoint I'd rather have it outside, but there it is subject to colder, draining temps, too.
Anyway, nobody likes there personal projects altered, but sometimes you have to be practical.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
What a view, and I love the quaint little cottage. Lol, can't say that I'm wild about the outhouse. That's probably just a girlie thing though :dizzy:. I enjoyed the pic's.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
What a view, and I love the quaint little cottage. Lol, can't say that I'm wild about the outhouse. That's probably just a girlie thing though :dizzy:. I enjoyed the pic's.
I know. My grandparents had an outhouse when I was a kid and it scared me to death at night. Of course, it was no where near as nice as the one Jeff pictured. It was in Louisiana and they had millions of granddaddy long legs spiders. Ewwww. I just knew they were going to get on my butt when I went in there.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome place!

Being the Geek that I am.......

What’s the voltage on those batteries?

You’ve got 4 pairs in series which doubles the voltage. Then you put all 4 in parallel which quadruples the available current.

If they are 12VDC batteries, then your supply is 24VDC @ 4x the Ampere rating of a single battery.

Is the house running on DC (which is fine for lots of things, including light bulbs) or was that a converter in the house?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I know. My grandparents had an outhouse when I was a kid and it scared me to death at night. Of course, it was no where near as nice as the one Jeff pictured. It was in Louisiana and they had millions of granddaddy long legs spiders. Ewwww. I just knew they were going to get on my butt when I went in there.

Same when I was a kid and stayed on my grandparents house in Virginia. They had daddy long leg spiders every where too. Good thing I didn't know they are the worlds most poisonous spiders, though they just can't bite people due to our skin thickness. Be glad, be real glad too.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Good thing I didn't know they are the worlds most poisonous spiders, though they just can't bite people due to our skin thickness. Be glad, be real glad too.
I could have happily gone to my grave never knowing that.:shock: (Is it really true?)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I could have happily gone to my grave never knowing that.:shock: (Is it really true?)

Yeah, I've heard that too. They are supposedly terribly poisonous, but have such small mandibles and claws (teeth or tips) that they can’t bite us. And even if they did, it wouldn't break the skin. Scary…..I used to play with those guys. Thought they were utterly harmless. Guess they are in a way. :w00t:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I wonder if they are poisonous to eat, or if the stomach acids would break down the toxins? I'm wondering because I used to dare my brother to eat all sorts of stuff when I was a kid and I swear, he would always end up doing it. Scary just to think about.

homecook

Yeah, I've heard that too. They are supposedly terribly poisonous, but have such small mandibles and claws (teeth or tips) that they can’t bite us. And even if they did, it wouldn't break the skin. Scary…..I used to play with those guys. Thought they were utterly harmless. Guess they are in a way. :w00t:

My brothers and I did too. We used light matches and burn their legs off. Sadistic, I know!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I wonder if they are poisonous to eat, or if the stomach acids would break down the toxins? I'm wondering because I used to dare my brother to eat all sorts of stuff when I was a kid and I swear, he would always end up doing it. Scary just to think about.

Stomach acids will kill a lot of toxins though not all. If it didn't kill him I guess it answers your question. Oh and they are the most toxic spider on the planet just harmless to people.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ewwwwwww, Now I will probably dream about those big bulbous bodies and those creepy, gangly legs tonight. :sad:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Awesome place!

Being the Geek that I am.......

What’s the voltage on those batteries?

You’ve got 4 pairs in series which doubles the voltage. Then you put all 4 in parallel which quadruples the available current.

If they are 12VDC batteries, then your supply is 24VDC @ 4x the Ampere rating of a single battery.

Is the house running on DC (which is fine for lots of things, including light bulbs) or was that a converter in the house?

ah you are almost right... ...its a big 12 volt battery basically..lol

i dont have to get into series talk about it because you already know by looking at it..lol

and that was an invertor in the house

as far as you being a geek i understand Keltin..lmao

seriously though... i got showed how to wire it the way they wanted it to be wired, they dragged on and on their explanation and i quit listening to them... i just know i wire the batteries the same way as i do an a tractor(semi) and it works..lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
ah you are almost right... ...its a big 12 volt battery basically..lol

i dont have to get into series talk about it because you already know by looking at it..lol

and that was an invertor in the house

as far as you being a geek i understand Keltin..lmao

seriously though... i got showed how to wire it the way they wanted it to be wired, they dragged on and on their explanation and i quit listening to them... i just know i wire the batteries the same way as i do an a tractor(semi) and it works..lol

I saved the pic off and zoomed in! Yeah, I'm a geek.

You really do have pairs of batteries in series which should double the voltage, and then 4 pairs in parallel for 4x current. Seriously. I drew out the schematic already! :lol:

Vout should be 24V on that.

Unless those are the unheard of 6VDC batteries?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I saved the pic off and zoomed in! Yeah, I'm a geek.

You really do have pairs of batteries in series which should double the voltage, and then 4 pairs in parallel for 4x current. Seriously. I drew out the schematic already! :lol:

Vout should be 24V on that.

Unless those are the unheard of 6VDC batteries?

ding ding ding..lol

thats what is installed in solar systems..thus some of the expensive costs..lol