the Sunday Spread; what's on ??

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a pork roast ready for the oven........

PorkRoastwithSun-DriedTomatoes001.jpg

Pork Loin Roast with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Sweet Basil pesto (...sorta...)

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like a beautiful roast!!

I'm doing my last greens submission today.

Tossed salad
Roast Pork Italian Heros (roast pork, broccoli rabe, sliced provolone)
Pasta with pomodoro sauce

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I made a huge pot of conch chowder this morning so I'll be eating on it all week. :yum:

GotGarlic

I made a huge pot of conch chowder this morning so I'll be eating on it all week. :yum:

I love conch chowder! I haven't had it in years - not since my mom sold her house in the Keys. Next time I'm out by the Asian market, I'll see if they have some. I saw live conch there once! Couldn't believe it.

I just got a new cookbook - The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook, from this food blogger. I'm leaning toward the Thai-Style Chicken in Sweet Chili Sauce with bell peppers.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Really great bread from Clemente bakery with spoonfuls of pork au jus

February2010100.jpg

Slices of provolone and roasted pork
February2010101.jpg

Topped with broccoli rabe

February2010102.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a pork roast ready for the oven........

Pork Loin Roast with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Sweet Basil pesto (...sorta...)

NewPlate012.jpg

The Wardens Black Magic Cake

NewPlate013.jpg

...... and a cream of potato soup, which does not photograph well at all............

NewPlate005.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Blues, since I'm currently on weight watchers I avoid fat at almost every turn. So, I put the rabe into a hot cast iron pan. Added 4 garlic cloves and one T of olive oil. Then I added 1/2 c water, S&P. The water did most of the cooking and also spread the meagre portion of olive oil all around.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Mmmmm, everything looks so good. Well done Lucky/The Warden and Vera :clap:. We're having patty melts tonight.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
DW wasn't hungry, so I raided the produce drawer. I made noodles with broccoli and Napa cabbage.

FryBoy

Hey, Florida boy! How you say conch?

Is it KONCH with a short "O" and pronounced like haunch?

Or is it KONK, like "I bonk you on da head"?

I've heard it both ways.

vyapti

I made pizzas. One was black olives, avocado, jalapeno and taco flavored tofu and the other was spinach, mushroom, green olive and tofu feta. The spinach one was piled a little high and the crust was soggy, but oh, so good.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Florida boy! How you say conch?

Is it KONCH with a short "O" and pronounced like haunch?

Or is it KONK, like "I bonk you on da head"?

I've heard it both ways.

I say "Konk", because Bahamians pronounce it that way.

I just finished listening to an audio book set in Key West and the reader kept pronouncing it "Konch", every time the characters had conch fritters. Frequently.

Lee

Newnork1978

DH and I had brown rice & re-fried beans...simple, delicious and very filling. In fact, I'd planned for a side salad, but neither of us had enough room for it. Hee-hee! :thumb:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Hey California boy! It's 'konk'.

When I lived in CA, in the 1970's, I used to get abalone. Can you still get it there?

GotGarlic

I completely forgot to post this last night for the greens Iron Chef challenge - sorry about that. I'll post the recipe later, though. Last night's dinner was stir-fried Thai-style chicken with bell peppers and bok choy, served over rice:

Attachments

• chicken-bok-choy-chili-sauce.jpg
    chicken-bok-choy-chili-sauce.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 62
Not much of a "Sunday Spread" - lol - just cooked Farfale (bow-tie) pasta tossed with sliced Jalapeno chicken sausages, a can of "lime & cilantro" flavor Rotel tomatoes, & some grated hot-pepper Jack cheese.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Mini fusilli tossed with garilc and oil topped with grated paresan and romano cheeses.

fusilli-broccoli-2-28-10.jpg