Long drive

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Just got back after 9 hours on the road - how can professional drivers do that.

Took Nicholas to a church activities week which is based in the middle of Wales.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Well, did you two at least have fun? I hate driving and that is just too much for a days activity,lol

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Well thank goodness you're not driving it everyday to take him. You won't mind it so much when he's none stop talking about all his fun!! LOL

Love2"Q"

no problem .. i drove 15 hours to maine .. slept overnight ..
got up and drove back with grandma .. no sweat ..

Peggy

Last long ride I had, which was on Mother's day weekend, we spent 12 hours in the ford pickup truck to go about 6 hours away! 12 hours with two people and a dog, is just a wee bit too long for me! Like you say, I don't see how truckers do it!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I never thought much about driving long distances when I was younger. I once drove from Miami to NYC non stop except for gas and food on a motorcycle. The following year went to California from Miami drive 10 hour days again on a motorcycle. Even did a motorcycle trip from Johannesburg South Africa to Cairo Egypt which took about 2 weeks. Used to drive regular between Houston Texas and Miami Florida also. However now I dread driving even to the corner store. The fun in driving has been gone now for a couple of years for me though my wife does most of the driving now.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Just got back after 9 hours on the road - how can professional drivers do that..

it takes a special kind of person to do that...
thats a fun drive .. i should have been a trucker ..
i like long drives ..
i have heard this before...lol
until you realize that you have to do this 7 days a week...it gets old really quickly..lol

my longest drive is i left Kingman AZ on a monday morning drove the long way on the I-10 to Ocala Fl....i stopped at the border of texas and la at a rest stop for a little snooze(about 10 minutes..lol)...arrived wednsday at noon..

went and showered then worked a 12 hour day...that was a long trip..lol

then we use to make regualar trips between Houson,TX and Phoenix,AZ when the Houson Livestock Show was on..

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
DH is a truck driver. He drives from here to Pioneer Tn. and back every night. Monday thru Friday. If you count the miles it takes for him to get to work and back , it's over 600 every night. I don't know how he does it.

smoke king

Banned
I love road trips-probably comes from spending so much time on the road in my "music" days, and also explains why I enjoyed driving a truck when I got older (alas, Aerosmith never did call!!)

But nowadays, I just enjoy getting out and driving, seeing all the cheesy tourist attractions-the corn palace, the worlds largest ball of string, etc. and lets not forget shopping at Truck stops! They have the coolest stuff!!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I love road trips-probably comes from spending so much time on the road in my "music" days, and also explains why I enjoyed driving a truck when I got older (alas, Aerosmith never did call!!)

But nowadays, I just enjoy getting out and driving, seeing all the cheesy tourist attractions-the corn palace, the worlds largest ball of string, etc. and lets not forget shopping at Truck stops! They have the coolest stuff!!

I will agree to that one!!:mrgreen:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
About the only place that still sells Zippo cigarette lighters which I have a weakness for. Hell I bet I own over a 100 of them from all over the world.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
and lets not forget shopping at Truck stops! They have the coolest stuff!!
You are so right, SK! I always buy cool, funny lighters at Truck Stops. (I have a plastic one that is a torso of a woman in a bikini and when you push a button, her nipples flash. Fisher gets quite the kick out of that one!) Also, lots of them have amazing fudge and other local, homemade candies that are to die for.