Pork Tenderloin

LADawg

The local Piggly Wiggly is a cost plus (or at least that is what they claim) 10% business. Yesterday I found Prairie Fresh brand Pork Tenderloins for $3.03 a pound (Plus the 10%) These are 100% natural with minimum processing. Total weight for the two pieces is 1.96 so I would think each will weigh about a pound. Just right! I have several ways I cook pork tenderloin, but am always looking for new ways.
Anyone have a can't miss recipe?

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
...one of our favs.

I do a pork tenderloin three ways:

- salt/pepper, bring to room temp. sear/brown in a hot pan, finish in the pan in the oven to 140'F on a instant read thermometer; rest

- slice on the bias a semi-frozen loin into "medallions" - about 1/4 inch thick. salt/pepper slides, stick in fridge 2 hrs until ready to cook. dredge in flour, pan fry max 3 mins first side, 2 mins second side.

- slice on the bias a semi-frozen loin into "medallions" (as above) - pound flat/thin into 'pork schnitzel' - salt/pepper, stick in fridge 2 hrs until ready to cook. dredge/not dredge or flour/eggs wash/bread and pan fry - takes bout one minute first side, 40 seconds second side.

that's the "meat" part - past that there's the 'sauce'/toppings part.
which ranges from a simple deglaze pan sauce to heaps and heaps of fresh mushrooms&onions, to chutney(s)

schnitzeled and breaded is my personal favorite but is 'the most work' - however the medallion and schnitzel approach is something one can prep onto a plate into the fridge well in advance.
fresh corn of the cob I boil for 12 minutes - so water boiling, pan hot, pan fry - everything is "done" at the same time.

but any of the above is fast - the oven finish is typically a max 10 minute deal; pan frying in batches is (per half tenderloin) a max 10-15 minute deal.
I didn't mention an oven temp - because I've done the oven finish at 250'F to 425'F - depending on what other demands of the oven I may have. the instant read thermometer is the key.

all the "fixing" can be pre-preped except a pan deglaze sauce - which take 3-4 minutes.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i keep food simplistic at times. garlic, sage, etc., a well-oiled skillet, & a pair of spring tongs, washed w/ each use. keeps you occupied while cooking that food, anyhow.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I like to infuse sliced garlic all around the meat, cover in olive oil, salt, pepper and dried rosemary then bake @ 350 for about 45 min - 1 hr until the inside temp comes to 170 degrees. It comes out juicy and full of flavor as the salt/pepper/rosemary makes a great crust and browns evenly....Yummmmmm

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I have a Memphis rub recipe. I keep a container of it around for pork type things. I just sprinkle a little on and roast it at 375 degrees till 160 to 165 internal temp, slice thin and server with steamed veggies.

Memphis Rub

This rub starts with a generous portion of paprika and then builds a slightly spicy but definitely savory profile to help you make the most of your barbecue. This Memphis Rub is particularly good on ribs but can be used on any smoked meats.
Prep Time:*10*minutes
Total Time:*10*minutes
Yield:*Makes 2 cups
Ingredients:
1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup mild chili powder (use medium or hot to kick up the heat)
3 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons celery seeds
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
3 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground allspice
Preparation:
Mix together all ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container. May be stored for up to 6 months.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Smoked Boneless Pork Loin.

Here's mine!

Pork Tenderloin.

Ingredients;

1 - 3 to 5-llb pork loin.

1/2 cup of your favorite dry rub.

Directions;

Rinse off meat thoroughly under cold water.

Coat all surfaces of meat with dry rub.

Meanwhile, set up Stovetop Kettle Smoker with wood chips. Place drip pan over wood chips in main pan. Set up drain pan on top. Place meat onto drain pan.

Cook for specified amount of time - 45 - 55 minutes. Check internal temp with meat thermometer. Temp should register at 145 degrees. When done, remove meat from smoker and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.

For Kettle Gravy;

Make gravy, if desired, using drippings in drip pan. Pour drippings into medium sauce pot. Browning sauce is more than likely not needed, because the drippings are quite dark. Gravy will lighten in color to a nice brown look when finished.

Add enough water to ease the extreme saltiness of the juices from the dry rub, about 1-1/2 cups.

Make a slurry with 4 tablespoons flour and a cup of water. Add slurry to liquid. Over medium high heat, and while stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer. Stir some more.

If desired, add 1/2 an onion sliced. Cook until smooth and onions are soft. Serve gravy over meat & rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.

Enjoy! ;)

Last edited by Big Daddy's House; 01-08-2015, 09:17 AM.
~BDH.

I am the King of Kitchen Toys!!!!!!

• Edit
  • Flag

<LI class="b-post js-post js-comment-entry__parent h-restore--on-preview b-post--text OLD__list-item OLD__list-item-text OLD__conversation-reply js-conversation-reply h-left h-clear inlinemod-item js-slideshow__gallery-node js-poll__parent" itemtype="http://schema.org/Comment" itemscope="" data-node-id="71891">

I strained the gravy to remove the fine lumps of flour, which made the gravy even smoother! ;)

Sorry for the extremely large pics, though. :piesmiley1::bbq:

Johnny West

I have a Memphis rub recipe. I keep a container of it around for pork type things. I just sprinkle a little on and roast it at 375 degrees till 160 to 165 internal temp, slice thin and server with steamed veggies.

Memphis Rub

This rub starts with a generous portion of paprika and then builds a slightly spicy but definitely savory profile to help you make the most of your barbecue. This Memphis Rub is particularly good on ribs but can be used on any smoked meats.
Prep Time:*10*minutes
Total Time:*10*minutes
Yield:*Makes 2 cups
Ingredients:
1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup mild chili powder (use medium or hot to kick up the heat)
3 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons celery seeds
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
3 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground allspice
Preparation:
Mix together all ingredients until well combined. Store in an airtight container. May be stored for up to 6 months.

Thank you for this - it's going on the next butt I do.