grilled chicken breast recipes

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Hi, Chx. Why don't you get the thread started by offering up one of your favorites?

Last edited:

GrillinFool

We do something quite often that is so friggin easy. Soak the boneless, skinless chicken breasts over night in Italian dressing, garlic and black pepper. The next day set up the grill for indirect grilling. Coals on the left, meat on the right. A little coarse salt on each side of the breasts then on the grill with a chunk of light fruit wood. 45 minutes later at 275-300, they are perfect. I haven't documented it for the site yet, but I will soon...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I like to marinate chicken breasts in a mixture of teriyaki marinade (I use Kikkoman, but you could make your own.) and the juice from a can of pineapple slices. When the chicken is just about ready, put the pineapple slices on the grill to get some nice grill marks.

This is from Safeway Markets.

Pesto-Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts -- rinsed and patted dry
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Pesto Sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese -- perlini fresh mozzarella balls (or use larger balls cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup Roasted Red Peppers

Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct, high heat.

While grill heats, with a sharp knife, cut a pocket lengthwise in the edge of each chicken breast half, taking care to avoid cutting through to the other side. Season chicken pieces on both sides with pepper.

Spread about 1 tablespoon pesto inside each pocket, then fill each with 1/4 of the mozzarella balls and 1/4 of the roasted red pepper slices. Rub remaining pesto over exterior of chicken to coat lightly.

Place chicken on oiled cooking grate; cover gas grill. Cook, turning once with a wide spatula, until meat is browned and no longer pink in center (cut to test, but do not disturb filling), about 15 minutes total.

http://www.safeway.com/IFL/Grocery/Recipe-Search#iframetop

ETA: The pic & recipe don't show up. Hope it's okay if I post the pic.

pestomozzarellastuffedc.jpg

This is a variation of same (served with pasta):

http://www.raleys.com/www/apps/recipes/print.jsp?contentid=624140&featureid=624140

Last edited: