The "Breakfast" thread

Embryodad

I go ahead and use up all of the batter and freeze the leftovers. Makes for a quick and easy breakfast later on.

Yeah... I was going to and freeze them, but there are waffles and pancakes ( eggo's ) in three boxes.
Next time, I will cut the batter in half.

Ian M.

Jimmy, that looks soooooooo good! Granted, it's 9pm but breakfast tastes good any time of the day when you're hungry. Pancakes would sure go down good right about now.....

Ian

Ian M.

Saliha, you're probably correct about bacon not being especially healthy but "breakfast" in my house is nearly always bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and good, hot coffee. From time to time my wife will also bake some wonderful muffins to go along with my feast. This morning she made some apple fritters which were out of this world. I'm having a really difficult time maintaining my boyish figure..................

Ian

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Breakfast made a happy face out of me today.
I made the pancake batter from scratch. Buttermilk recipe. They were great; except I should have halved the recipe. I threw out a lot of the batter.

Gee...did I hold the syrup bottle high enough?? I didn't realize Tina would take the picture.

Where's the BACON!! LOL

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
French toast made with homemade Amish bread and sausage links. Topped with maple syrup!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 220

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
alcohol & grocery-store Chef-made samples earlier. i've raw milk yogurt cheese, amongst others, soups, sea bass, lamb, izze pop, & scads of other items.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sometimes i'll begin my mornings w/ a drink-. have fer many years. i wake late. towards evening, if i have a say.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Had to have some bacon and eggs this morning. Too much cereal makes me a little flakey..............:whistling:

Ian M.

Whilst I was incarcerated they ran something by me thinking that with my head all gauzed up like the Mummy Man that perhaps I wouldn't notice what they were doing but trust me when I tell you, Cream of Wheat is a taste like no other - and one you don't ever forget if your Mum made you eat the horrid stuff growing up. It's a wonder we ever made it past 5-years-old! EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!! Now even some of the nasty prefab cereals on the market are beginning to taste good after that!! But the English Muffin sandwich sure looks good! And please to explain what's wrong with drinking your breakfast? Mimosa - champaign - strawberry daiquiri - you name it - all the essential food groups!!!!!

Ian

Embryodad

From the looks of the last three posts....
I could cartoon a thought.....
Of a Person running around,... and Oinking, Clucking, and Stumbling; trying to stand straight. hahahahaha.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
we drink here as a side-job. so, make snarky comments. i could pretend i made whole-grain cereal & poured soymilk & raw sugar & freshly-picked fruits.
or, i can speak factually. i luv a beverage. alcohol is alcohol, nomatter if it's ingested @ 7 a.m. or 7 p.m. . i know 1 that critiqued me is a wake-&-bake kinda guy, sooooooo-- imbibing ought not be too too odd to 'em. pubs open @ 9:00. & i'm not flaky- i'm living as many a person live. we luv 2 things- sports & alcohol.--

Last edited:

LADawg

we drink here as a side-job. so, make snarky comments. i could pretend i made whole-grain cereal & poured soymilk & raw sugar & freshly-picked fruits.
or, i can speak factually. i luv a beverage. alcohol is alcohol, nomatter if it's ingested @ 7 a.m. or 7 p.m. . i know 1 that critiqued me is a wake-&-bake kinda guy, sooooooo-- imbibing ought not be too too odd to 'em. pubs open @ 9:00. & i'm not flaky- i'm living as many a person live. we luv 2 things- sports & alcohol.--

I'll drink to that while watching college football on the TV!!!!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Embryodad

Tina made a sausage egg & cheese casserole. Used p-bury blue tube smashed muffins / rolls as the bottom crust.

It was good, but not something to eat later, or to save for tomorrows breakfast.
IMO anyway.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Fried up some some shredded hash brown taters and a few slices of Lebanon bologna. Love fried sweet bologna!:readytoeat:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Fried up some some shredded hash brown taters and a few slices of Lebanon bologna. Love fried sweet bologna!:readytoeat:
I haven't had Lebanon baloney since my brother moved from East Petersburg down by Three mile Island back in the 80's. I ate that stuff like a heroin addict shoots up whenever I visited him. Ain't nuthin' like the real thing, baby.

Embryodad

We like the sweet and the regular. We get it in Lebanon, PA or in Lancaster, PA.

That general area all carry it.... good LB and a few brews...ummmmm!!!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't had Lebanon baloney since my brother moved from East Petersburg down by Three mile Island back in the 80's. I ate that stuff like a heroin addict shoots up whenever I visited him. Ain't nuthin' like the real thing, baby.
I love the Seltzer brand and usually have at least 2 or 3 varieties on hand. We had a local butcher that made a good variety before we moved up here. I often eat a slice of swiss cheese with sweet bologna in the middle as a breadless sandwich. Swiss cheese and bologna and bacon on an onion bagel will be todays breakfast.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i got a deli container of bacon-laced potato salad from my fridge, & also got coleslaw. yummy! i cannot complain. i'll buy their items once again.

Embryodad

Had fried egg / pork roll / yellow cheese....on a sammich with 17 grain bread toasted lightly.
LOADs of fresh cracked black pepper.

Leni

I like a crossant with a scrambled egg, bacon, and cheese in it. I slice the crossant lengthwise, heat it in the oven until crunchy and add the rest.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
deli food. i bought scads. a ham & brie if my bread is okay, w/ mustard. may pick over a salad, too.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
not into very average food to cook when i wake- already have tomato florentine soup or pasta marinara on my mind, tho. grilled cheese would rock, too, if i bought new bread.

then, a meatball sammich, later on, or pierogies, later on tonite. they have a very static menu, as of late.

Embryodad

not into very average food to cook when i wake- already have tomato florentine soup or pasta marinara on my mind, tho. grilled cheese would rock, too, if i bought new bread.

then, a meatball sammich, later on, or pierogies, later on tonite. they have a very static menu, as of late.
luvs.... nothing worse than stale bread made into toast, or griddled cheese.

I made a griddled cheese for my granddaughter from stale bread, and she said,"pops, this tastes stale and it's dry!"..... hahahahaha...

eeturk

Lazy Saturday breakfast at home this morning was potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, roasted garlic, sausage, cheddar cheese, and avocado topped with a fried egg.

IMG_5458_zps67089495.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]