What are you doing today?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
nothing-- don't let your Mom strip linoleum via Lysol floor cleaners-- i let my Mom near my cleaners, & she made my floor so slippy, she made me break my foot in scads of places & break my ankle-- i'd so luv to swim- not now, tho---- ughhhhh, my Mom~~ i love her, tho!! she made my flooring look new~~ & i got 2 operations, as well-- ICD again, & feeding tube-- my surgeon says to tell them it's gotta have manual flushes, as well-- they gave them once my new tube went into place--

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
they were gonna put screws & thus in, so i'm saying, oh, f*k!

then, they say that my fractures're in alignment-- they put on a boot & cut my half-cast to put my boot on-- so, i'm waiting on seeing if they put me into a cast/new boot (my ankle's so swollen & purple, etcetera, so, we'll see) too many opinions-- finally went on my 1st venture by myself & got adult beverages!! half a block away-- & TY, lee--

Embryodad

Ate breakfast.... eggs and toast .... coffee!
Did garbage / trash consolidation, and put it out front for tomorrow's pick up. Ooops!.... clean the kitty poopy boxes too!
I'm in charge of that task. Another $h!t Job for Jimmy!

Delivery from Tulpehocken with jugs of spring water for the month.
Put that away in the garage.

This afternoon is fix the neighbors kids car A/C while he's on a mini vacation in Colorado. It's actually not too bad out. 82º with 72% Rh.

Mommy is up at the church getting cards for people we know family member passed away. :goodnight_smi:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Going to 10am mass at St. Augustine's.
Then later with Aimee to her parents house to look at an oak dresser, which I may buy off them.

Johnny West

I wasn't going to go out today but the smoke is not as bad as yesterday and last evening.

We went out for bather fixture sealer, cooked chicken, and gas. Tonight it's chicken chalupas and margins.

Tomorrow we are driving to Yakima to buy tomatoes. Ours are probably nothing to do well, especially for canning purposes. Amelia's mom wants me to teach her to can tomato sauce and another of my son's friend's wife wants to help her in the garden and will share our plots next year.

The smoke has me feeling crapy today.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I did day 2 of orientation at the new place where I am employed.
This getting up at 4:30 is for the birds. Lol
I start 2nd shift this weekend and will be doing prn shifts, and every other weekend until they have a full time slot for me.
I got a cute little tote for my things.
My old one was falling apart.

20180820_185325-595x463-446x347.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
This morning, I scrubbed the kitchen floor for the first time, usually not my job, but ...............:blush:

Yup ! I agree, Sass; 4:30 is for the birds, but lately, I can't lay there any longer.........

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had my kittens' little cashews cut yesterday, so today I'm keeping a close eye on them. They told me that one of anesthesia's effects is vomiting when they first ingest food/water :sad:, so I'm sure hoping that I don't have to clean that stuff up. They weren't allowed to have anything to eat or drink for 32 hours. That seems cruel, but I understand the safety factor.

While they're chilling and I'm watching, I decided to crank up the music and do some prep for greens gumbo, which I'll make tomorrow.

Three bunches of collards, cleaned and cut:
IMG_7047.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
ARGH !

Just had a tooth pulled........ Glad I had that breakfast last night.... Egg Drop Soup fer din !:neutral:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Today I'm working on the laundry.
In the other building connected to the apartments, there is a laundry room.
4 washers and dryers.
So I'm running back and forth doing that.

Later I'll walk downtown and check out Season's Eatings.
It's a nice little shop that has fresh vegs, herbs, fresh baked goods and vegan/vegetarian foods made on the spot.
DIL works 8-12 hr shifts in a large factory outside of town across from the big Campbell's plant.
I'll have it all wrapped up by the time she gets home this evening... laundry and dinner.
I work the weekend 6a-2p.
Better than the night shift!
:D

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I had a great (?) Adventure yesterday....

The Hot Rod was scheduled for detailing yesterday, so I scheduled an Uber to meet me there at 8:10 AM.......I arrived at 7:50, and he was already there....Luckily, there was no wait-time fee........

So, I handed over my keys the the detailer, and the Uber brought me back home ($11 for a four-mile ride).

When I got to the back door, it hit me..... my door key was on the car's fob !
:bonk:A moment of confusion, till I told myself, "I can take the Warden's car to go get my keys".... but almost immediately realized that THOSE keys were hanging in the kitchen...... so, I don't carry a cell phone (never will) to call Uber, which means that the lady across the street(If ever you need anything, we're here for you) is my only resort. Lucky for me she was home, and she took me to retrieve my key.
Then, after I was safely inside, she called me to insist that I call her when the car was done, and she would be my 'Uber".
It's great to have a neighbor who takes a real interest in you !

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That's true about good neighbours Lucky.
I never thought I'd enjoy or get used to living like right in the city, after being out in the sticks for almost 9 months.
:yum:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That must be nice to have Uber service, LT. I could have used one the other day when I sat in the car dealer lounge for about 2 hours. I don't think we'll ever see them here...podunk USA.

I spent the morning waiting on a tree trimmer.

Update on kittens - Max found out that he's really not a ninja. He slightly injured his back leg, probably trying to jump up on something he has no business being on. They are both little meddlers. I'm kind of dreading putting up the Christmas tree.

Johnny West

We got back from Whistler last Saturday afternoon. It was a good time but walking up hill killed my hips and I wore out fast. We did go to serval museums and the art museum and the first nations museum that featured West Coast First Nations carvings and dug out canoes.

We ate out every night except for the pizza delivery once. I've got some picture and hope to don load them today. The wife came down with a cold and think I'm getting it now as I feel like crap, all of a sudden.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Just got some laundry done in the apts. laundry room.
I now know the lady from no.6 entire health history.
:doh: lol

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
which reminds me, I'm supposed to get the shingles shot. apparently in short supply around here . . . just getting the under-course on.

IMG_0889.jpg

air conditioning and good ventilation in the winter is a husky requirement. one beauty of tongue&groove
IMG_0890.jpg

Johnny West

We did a lot off yard work at Peter's yesterday in prep for a Saturday birthday party. After we got home I grilled Italian sausage and Nancy made GF pasta with her home canned marinara. I've got a lot t do today and tomorrow, then we leave for Utah Sunday morning, early.

Nice dog house - my father made an insulated dog house for my springer. She would kick all the straw out and preferred to sleep on the bare floor. My Labs were like that, too.

Johnny West

This afternoon I have an appointment for hip shots and will ask about a replacement for January or February. In March I'm supposed to go to Utah and babysit Maddie while the folks work so getting it done the sooner, the better.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
.was without power from 7:a.m. till 1:30 p.m. - the street was warned a couple of weeks ago, so I knew it was coming... but I didn’t expect it that early, so I was on-line when it went out........... then, when it came back on, I couldn’t get the server to reset....... tried everything I knew... hit this, unplug/replug that.. nothing worked. And I couldn’t call Nate because the damned phone is through my wifi ....... and I couldn’t find the recharging plug for Di’s cell phone....... finally gave up and walked away from the cursed machine for a half-hour...... came back and it had fixed itself ......... have a nice w/end !

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Chrome was asking for an update on this phone last night.
It was doing all kinds of weird stuff after.
Then after I'd restarted the phone, it behaved itself.
I'm trying to relax today.
Got some family issue regarding my youngest son and the girlfriend that seems to never end.
I don't want my grandbabies caught up in that kind of thing.
Sooner or later she's going to get the idea.
So, I've been moody.

I'm working my night shift for the whole weekend.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
take your spoons to lunch day . . . I like to do mine pre-holidays. keeps the peanut gallery out of the 'Dad you need to oil your spoons!' mode....
IMG_0934.jpg