pasta shapes & sauces?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
pasta shapes you like? sauces?

i love spaghetti rigate (it's kind of a ridged sketti), linguine noodles, & lasagna & angelhair; spaghetti 9 is fine by me usually, though i'd pass that by for the others. i like rotini. orzo's great cooked in stock, too!

i don't like fettucini, rigatoni, wagonwheels, & a few others. it's a textural thing- fettucini's too al dente & just too there for me, & rigatoni's too thick & there, & wagons would be a textural matter.

i love puttanesca sauce, marinara, meatsauce, like bolagnaise. i could drink marinara.

malfalda is ucky, & i don't like alfedo sauce. i love macaroni & cheese, either my own or stouffer's. my own's way more delicious as it entails cabouts cheeses, cream, butter, & whole cow squeezins. vodka sauce just doesn't look appealing.

so your pasta shapes & sauces?

buckytom

Grill Master
there are so many types of pasta shapes that i can't really decide. it depends on the sauce and the cut of meat and/or veggies.
besides the ones you mentioned, i like orecchiete, buccatini, radiatore, fusilli, farfalle, cavatelli, penne, conchiglie, orzo, and tortellini, off the top of my head.

as far as sauces go, the same rule applies. too many to mention, really.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
thin linguini, small pastas like barilla picolini (wagon wheels, farfalle, fusilli, ziti, penne), fiore (flower), bowties, small shells, rigitoni (granpa called them sewer pipes), farfalle, cavatelli, cheese ravioli, pastina, ditilini, tubetini.

my sauces

tomato based sauces-
(tomato) gravy with meatballs, sausage and braciole
olive sauce
meat sauce (ground beef)

oil and garlic based includes white clam sauce

cream based -
alfredo
cheese sauce
flavored white sauce

AllenOK

To me, pasta is pasta. I usually use a little orzo in rice pilaf. Spaghetti, of course with spaghetti sauce. I'll use Fettucini when I make alfredo (I make the best!).

Otherwise, about all I make sauce-wise is a white-wine lemon garlic sauce, with and without butter. For that one, I usually just saute a bunch of veggies, make the sauce, and add pasta.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've never tasted a noodle or pasta I didn't like be it Italian or Asian. Now I always have my home made marina sauce on hand which I use as a base from all of my Italian Red Sauces. I also like vignettes, butter/olive oil etc as sauces. It really depends on my mood. Tonight for example I will be making peppers and sausage with linguine but could easily use spaghetti, rigatoni, Penni, medium shells, bow tie etc. Never tried the wagon wheel and not much on the angle hair unless it is with a peanut butter sauce (Asian) and can't find Asian noodles.

bowlingshirt

29016.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, no matter what sauce i just typed here, it sounded gross in some way. so i will leave that one alone.

the pic on the box looks like a aglio e olio.

i'm curious as to what the asparagus tips represent.

nevermind, don't answer that either.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
lol, no matter what sauce i just typed here, it sounded gross in some way. so i will leave that one alone.

the pic on the box looks like a aglio e olio.

i'm curious as to what the asparagus tips represent.

nevermind, don't answer that either.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm