What's cooking NCT Sunday 10/8/2017 to Saturday 10/14/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had Rana brand Spinach & cheese Tortelloni for dinner with tomato sauce. It was a first time and I'm not sure it was worth it. I didn't think there was anything special about it. DD picked up a bag of their Shrimp and Lobster ravioli. Not sure when she will try it.

rana_spinach_cheese_tortelloni.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lox and Neufchatel cheese on toasted pumpernickel (with red onion and capers).

Just discovered I like this better than on a bagel!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_3466.JPG
    IMG_3466.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 152

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
...Just dropped a Turkey leg & thigh into the Crockpot, on a bed of Vidalia Slices...

Will wait a while before adding Red Potatoes.... Baby Carrots will be prepared on the stove-top...

Turkey Leg in Crockpot 1.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Gyro/shwarma meat on cumin flatbread with tzatziki and watermelon was our Sunday night dinner.

Attachments

• 2017-10-08 18.10.56.jpg
    2017-10-08 18.10.56.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 153

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, nobody else having dinner lately?

Last night, we had linguini with speck, cabbage, garlic, gruyere, and pecorino romano grated on top. No pic because mainly I didn't feel like looking for my phone and because it was sort of monochromatic and really wasn't that pretty, but it did taste great. I was really surprised at how good it was, and actually light but filling considering it was essentially a cabbage and bacon dish.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Monday night dinner was Breaded chicken cutlet with a side of broccoli rabe.

breaded_chicken_cutlet_broccoli_rabe_100917_P1100266.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had grilled chicken caesar salad with homemade croutons and dressing last night. Dessert was ricotta pound cake and a glass of amaretto.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Last night, we had grilled chicken satay with peanut sauce, Asian noodle salad, and a relish of cukes, onions, and ginger.

Attachments

• 2017-10-13 17.39.33.jpg
    2017-10-13 17.39.33.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 119

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner last night was chicken cutlet (dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter), green beans and cheesy potatoes (with baby Bella mushrooms, onions, butter, cream and white cheddar).

chicken_cheese_potatoes_101317_P1100283.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know if I've ever done a pot roast on top of the stove, Chowder!

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
heehee. it's basically a braise - so it can be done on a burner or in the oven - covered, works both ways . . .

the potato was just washed/sliced - so those I like to do on a burner as that makes controlling the 'tater steam cooking' more controlled.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Got a load of stuff rocking around in the brain for today (Sunday), but it begins with some beautiful Pork Cutlets...

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I just realized we never posted our stuffed hatch chiles from Sunday night, spicy ground pork that included roasted hatches, chihuahua cheese, with a yogurt, cilantro, lime sauce. Cumin rice and black beans.

Attachments

• 2017-10-15 18.39.51.jpg
    2017-10-15 18.39.51.jpg
    516.1 KB · Views: 101

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
10/18/2017 - We had scrambled eggs, pan fried ham steak and sliced tomatoes. I also had some hot banana pepper rings and a slice of TJ's smoked gouda on the side.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
medtran, okay, so one hatch chile down, only 30 more pounds to go! :yum:

How was it? Couldn't have been TOO spicy, if you spiced up the meat, too.

I'm intrigued by hatch chiles.

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
medtran, okay, so one hatch chile down, only 30 more pounds to go! :yum:

How was it? Couldn't have been TOO spicy, if you spiced up the meat, too.

I'm intrigued by hatch chiles.

Lee

Actually it's probably about 24-1/2 pounds. :D

Well, it was a recipe I found that looked good to both of us. And it was right at my tolerance level. Any hotter and I wouldn't have been able to finish mine. Course the rice and beans helped too. I found a brunch type dish with lots of cheese and eggs and cream or milk we'll probably try next, or maybe some tamales.

I don't know if I want to eat anything made with the hot ones. Think I'll have a back-up for me that night.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Beer Brats, Onions & Peppers,Tater Tots, Beets...
and a Lettuce salad
The Warden had hers on a bun.... no bread for me.... had my bread ration at Breakfast...

Beer Brats.jpg