What's cooking NCT Sunday 4/23/2017 - Saturday 4/29/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tonight I have planned Salisbury steaks (or maybe meatloaf burgers), mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles, gravy and veggie TBD later.

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday's Eye Round worked well................
Internal temp. was 155........ Simple Salt&Pepper rub...

............ Served with Mashed Spuds & Gravy and Stink-Face Spinach
and a Salad, of course !

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure if I'll eat what they are having over in AL today, or run out for something.
I've got some delicious smoked ham salad in the fridge, but am tired of the sandwich routine.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Looks wonderful! Eye round is my favorite cut for roast beef. And my fav sides are mashed with burgundy gravy and steamed spinach. Can I come for dinner? :bounce::clap:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I got pan fried pork pot stickers from Jing Fong, with Ting's lovely garlic/sesame and chili oil sauce.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
For Sunday night, I ended up eating Kraft Easy Mac that I keep around for quickie lunches for me if I get a craving. Dogboa saw some curry pastes from a brand he "heard" was good when we stopped in the oriental market Friday just to look around and see if we saw anything interesting. Well, he used the red curry paste Sunday night for a beef, red bell, onion curry. OMG, it was so spicy hot it physically hurt me to eat it. I took 3 widely spaced out bites and just couldn't do it anymore. BTW, he added an extra can of coconut milk to the recipe once he tasted it. He swears he didn't put in any extra spice, just the little bit of sriracha the recipe called for. He ate it, but I don't know how. I've got a fairly high tolerance compared to most people for heat simply because he likes spicy things, but this, oh no, oh no, oh no. I'm scared about the other flavors he got now.

He made sliders last night with sauteed mushies, onions, and roquefort cheese. My contribution was frying the tator tot crowns.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Aw, Peeps ! Too late !
Leftovers aren't left over anymore ...

Leftover Roast with new crew..... Roasted Potatoes, Peas and first Cob of the season...
Beef was a little dry, but a splash of Worcestershire Sauce took care of it...

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Dinner was good. I'll be making those again.

I didn't cut them in half or add the toppings per the recipe tho.

We had Velvet brand ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

Johnny West

I hit Chick-fil-a on the way home from school. It was a first for us and they were very good as were the waffle fries.

After dinner I made about 3 gallons of chili to take to church soup kitchen tomorrow. It's got a bit of a bite to it and hope they don't mind.

Embryodad

I made egg salad and we had sandwiches with it.
Had to use up the colored Easter eggs.

Had pea soup that was frozen. :yuk:

Tina mommy made brownies. Yum, and iced with chocolate icing too! :readytoeat:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Last night, Tuesday, we had the red pork posole from the May Bon Appetit. Dogboa made it Sunday (with tweaks) so we'd have an easy meal this week and also so flavors would meld. It was pretty darn good, though we both prefer his green chili stew (which he divides up with potatos for him and hominy for me).

4MjKgehtce2N9JBl8zRLDo_7Dmwgfy0sZQRa3yzaC8IpX92IB

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be making tuna melts with the blue can biscuits.
Peas on the side.

Hey, Sass -

Did you happen to see this recipe on Facebook?

I just saw a Pillsbury Grands biscuit recipe for "Un-Sloppy Joe's" that uses the same biscuits, rolled out, filled with Sloppy Joe mix, then each is folded over and sealed with a fork.

I'm making it this week, and will post pictures.

I love tuna melts, so may try your recipe in the future.

Am also thinking of a ground lamb/feta mixture to have with a Greek salad one day.

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night we shared a slab-o-Ham.

Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower for the sides.

Holy Moley ! Paid
THREE dollars for a head of lettuce yesterday !

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Sass -

Did you happen to see this recipe on Facebook?

I just saw a Pillsbury Grands biscuit recipe for "Un-Sloppy Joe's" that uses the same biscuits, rolled out, filled with Sloppy Joe mix, then each is folded over and sealed with a fork.

I'm making it this week, and will post pictures.

I love tuna melts, so may try your recipe in the future.

Am also thinking of a ground lamb/feta mixture to have with a Greek salad one day.

Lee

No, I didn't see it on Facebook.
I used to use those biscuits in lots of different recipes, also like you mention- with sloppy joe mix and cheese as well.
Then there is bubble pizza, pot pies etc..

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=246052&postcount=25

I know Lucky, just read where lettuce is heading - yikes!

A head of iceberg lettuce could cost you $5.99 at your local supermarket, according to a report in the New York Daily News.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...-wallet/ar-BBAmjfY?li=BBgdrt0&ocid=spartandhp

Last edited:

Johnny West

Duckling for me. That is an amazing price for a roasted half duckling!

Great menu - bon appetite!

Lee

Duck has been reasonable here, as well, and have a whole duck in the freezer needing some attention. I've not had duck la'orange in years.

I've not been duck hunting in to many years and miss it as well as the wild duck dinners.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Made some Veggie Beef & Barley Soup today. :bbq:

Attachments

• Veggie Beef & Barley Soup..jpg
    Veggie Beef & Barley Soup..jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 211

Embryodad

It was my meatloaf tonight.
Tina girl made the mashed potatoes, and heated Bush's Baked beans.
There was no gravy made; and so I added a pat of butter on top my serving of mashed potatoes, to enjoy the taste and way I like to eat. OK??? BUT NOoooooo!
Mother Superior ( as I call her when she is in her She God Mood ) flipped her gourd on me, over that pat of butter.
She said, "I already put a stick of butter in the potatoes when I whipped them!!"
I said then, "So YOU have to have whipped cream on your pie and jello,",,,,and YOU
Have to have Butter on YOUR popcorn, and I say N O T H I N G ! !! "

Silence ..... 5 hours now! ....

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
It was my meatloaf tonight.
Tina girl made the mashed potatoes, and heated Bush's Baked beans.
There was no gravy made; and so I added a pat of butter on top my serving of mashed potatoes, to enjoy the taste and way I like to eat. OK??? BUT NOoooooo!
Mother Superior ( as I call her when she is in her She God Mood ) flipped her gourd on me, over that pat of butter.
She said, "I already put a stick of butter in the potatoes when I whipped them!!"
I said then, "So YOU have to have whipped cream on your pie and jello,",,,,and YOU
Have to have Butter on YOUR popcorn, and I say N O T H I N G ! !! "

Silence ..... 5 hours now! ....

.......... if she reads this laundry post, that just might stretch to five
DAYS ! :oops:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Dogboa made http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pork-meatball-banh-mi for us last night. He's made this many times. It's always good and it's not spicy, even the mayo, for those of you that might want to try something different. Sometimes we use Boston lettuce and make wraps instead of sammies. You can also sub out regular salad radishes for the daikon if that's not something you can find, there's hardly any difference in taste once the slaw is made up.

LuckyTrim, if you ever see these, pounce on them. Dogboa got me 3 boxes of those a couple of months ago because I was having a craving since I hadn't had them in a long time. We've still got 2 left, need to have them again and also use up the last of my foie gras torchon that I made with what was left of a foie gras he got for me as well. These are the most tender escargot I have ever had and the butter mix was really good.

37240-albums1070-picture6841.jpg

He got them from https://houseofcaviarandfinefoods.com/products/iqf-extra-large-escargots-prepared-helix-12-pcs.html which is local to us. We've gotten caviar, foie gras, and truffles there for special occasions, as well as a few other goodies now and then.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, we stared at that menu for forever, then settled on ....

Escargot Bourguignon Appetizer - this was too small for an appetizer, in my view.... six snails under puff pastry, and a lot of bread.... and I had to give up two of them .....

My main course was Shrimp and Scallops Provencal on a bed of Linguini.... very nicely done...

The Warden decided on the Baked Crab-Stuffed (?) Trout...
Pic looks like a Huge Crab Imperial with a tail ! But the dish was very nice...

They serve their Veggies "Family" style... Boiled Carrots, Edamame, Roasted Potatoes and a
Sweet Pepper / Onion .... I dunno what to call it ...

We've been to this place a number of times, never to be disappointed.
We had Nate's Wedding Rehearsal Dinner here, as well (Holy Moley ! That was EIGHT years ago ???)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
A hastily thrown together toad in the hole made with breakfast links in Stove Top sage stuffing.
Gravy to be added later (hear that Peeps? gravy!) :corny:

Johnny West

Tonight is foie gras for an appy and a leg of lamb roast in the Instant Pot. I'm not sure what the sides are. The mrs is doing the dinner. The foie gras we got at the French grocer in Seattle. I'll look for the schnecken next time up there.