What's cooking NCT? 03.28-31,04.01,02.2016

Johnny West

I'll shoot for that tomorrow night. I'm craving a tin potato, as well.

Tonight will be grilled cheese and tomato soup. Amelia :wub: is here and know she'll eat that.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Hamburgers-fried potato's-corn.

I cannot believe I can buy a beef roast for $2.99 a pound; if I want hamburger 80/20.
it costs $4.99 a pound here in the San Francisco Bay Area. SO-
I am waiting for UPS to deliver an electric meat grinder to me today.
Time to grind my own hamburger.:WitchBrewsSmiley::WitchBrewsSmiley:

Embryodad

Had a great supper tonight. Tina bought a 3 LB eye round, and I cooked it in the George Foreman Big G rotisserie .... I sliced it on the meat slicer thin, and with toasted and buttered seeded rolls, I made Roy Rogers Roast Beef Sandwiches. The Son and DIL came over after work, and we all chowed down. Tina made deep fried French fries.

Tina baked a vanilla cake ( Sons favorite ) with white butter cream icing using; Irish butter and powdered sugar.

Then, she made a pineapple angel food cake.

It hit the spot; especially since we have no Roy Rogers restaurants in this area.

It's like Bob Evans. The closest to us was in Allentown, PA, but they closed it.

Johnny West

Roy Rogers was a favorite place to take the kids when we lived in Silver Springs. Are there any left? We have no Bob Evans here, just Sheri's and Denny's. We have a lot of higher end burger places; BJ's, Flaming Onion, Red Robin, Bob's Burger's and Brew, and Ram. We started eating at the Ram's original place in Lakewood back in 81. Bob's is my favorite.

Embryodad

Funny story.....
Son Jimmy loved to eat at Roy Rogers. It got to the point, before we entered the place, there sat the mechanical Horse that we would stick in a quarter in the box, and start the push button. We would sit, and wait and wait for the darn horse to stop.
Then we told Jimmy, if he was good, he could ride the horse again before we left.

Then.... it got worse. He wouldn't eat his Trigger Burger, unless he could sit on the horse they had inside for little tykes. There were like three or more from what I remember.

It became a PITA..... I said, I goota stop this happy horse sxxt!
Then it hit me. I said to Tina, "give me a quarter!" I went outside the place, jumped on the horse, and stuck the quarter in, and rode the horse. Little Jimmy saw that, and he climbed under the table, telling mommy... "Mommy, why is daddy on the horse?"
"Don't tell anyone that's my daddy, ok mommy?".... "I wish daddy wouldn't ride that horse!"
I finished the ride.... came to finish my meal, and Sonny leaped next to mommy, and said, "Daddy's too big to ride the horse, right?".... "I'm getting big too, but I will only ride the horse once, ok?"....

I explained, it's ok to ride the horse, but he didn't need to sit on the horse to eat.
Maybe once in a while....
(Sometimes, another kid was on the horse, and Tina would have to wait till that other kid was done, and then by that time, the food would get cold, and Jim wouldn't eat it.)

He then said, ok dad, .......and we left it like that.

Johnny West

I remember the horse but by the time we moved to MD the kids were to big for that.

Tonight will be burgers, I was out voted on having a t-bone. I hope to have energy to fry bacon over the coals to go with the burger. The sides will baked potato and asparagus.

Johnny West

After a day of yard work and the little I could do, no one felt like cooking so I went to Rock Pasta and got take away pizza.

Peter and Amelia had a lot of fun at Comicon today.