What's On the Table, Mable ?? Sunday 10/14 to Saturday 10/20

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Mabel says no leftover meatloaf lol
It'll be used in future from it's temp home in the freezer - for meat sauce for spaghetti.

It may be one of the Bird's Eye skillet meals.
Beef lo mein, and an iceberg/apple/peanut salad.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch is...
Smoked chopped ham slices, American singles, zesty pickles, lettuce, tomato and mayo... with some Utz original tater chippies on the side.

20181014_114812-768x768.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Change of dinner plans here.
Going out with son, granddaughter and his fiancée to a nice little restaurant before she heads back to the 'burgh.
Mama's treat.
:wub:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Sheet pan meal. Everything but the noodles got roasted on a sheet pan. Italian sausage, red onion, fennel, fresh rosemary, with an orange juice, red wine vinegar dressing, with supremes.and fennel greens on top.

Attachments

• 2018-10-14 17.28.57.jpg
    2018-10-14 17.28.57.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 150

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We ate at a place outside of Toledo.
I had fried gulf shrimp, bleu cheese coleslaw and a baked potato.
Yummy!

Embryodad

Settled for a low sodium ham and swiss cheese, on low carb low sodium bread.
Just a wipe of mayonnaise. Two small citrus and craisin biscotti.
Decaf coffee as a beverage.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Brother-In-Law stopped by to drop off a nice chunk of Chocolate Cake..... I sent the left-over Oxtail Stew home with him ! So, no left-overs !

Instead........
Two Fat Drumsticks under a K.C. style BBQ Sauce, French Fries, Peas & Corn (both Left over, combined) and a Cuke Salad...
(Looks like "somebody" couldn't wait to dip into the Ketchup !)

IMG_6195.jpg

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Settled for a low sodium ham and swiss cheese, on low carb low sodium bread.
Just a wipe of mayonnaise. Two small citrus and craisin biscotti.
Decaf coffee as a beverage.

Wow, good job, Jimmy!

Lee

Embryodad

Wow, good job, Jimmy!

Lee

Thanks Lee!..... The low this and low that and less this etc.,is a new adventure for me.

Not saying I can't have a regular hot dog once in a while; or some sausage once a month...:bbq:
I do have great willpower. Which is a plus.
I did lose weight. For a 6 ft frame, I held 265 lbs 2 months ago, I am down to 239 lbs now. :yum:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I wasn't too crazy about this particular Bird's Eye skillet meal. (Beef lo mein)
It was ok. Not as good as the others tho.
I also got dump happy with the peanut dressing on the salad. Lol
Oh well..

20181015_165738.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
DD is working overtime. I BBQ some ribs, also some left over Spaghetti W/Gluten free Garlic Bread on the plate.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Spaghetti-BBQ Ribs, & Garlic Bread. DD is Celiac- so every thing is Gluten Free. That is spicy Italian sausage on the plate.

Attachments

• Mrib.jpg
    Mrib.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Mspag.jpg
    Mspag.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 140

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Crab Cakes ( bigger one is Phillips, smaller ones are Southern Belle) with Air-Fried Potato Thins, Tartar Sauce with a teardrop of Sriracha, and Stewed Tomatoes with Corn and Butter Beans. A quick Tomato Salad with Onions, Sweet Peppers and Flat Leaf Parsley, swimming in Italian Dressing.

Well, Sass, side-by-side, in my view, these two products are almost identical in taste and texture....

Crab Cakes, Potato Thins.jpg

Tomato Salad.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
My version of chicken San Marino, tomato/potato/basil dish, and a Puglia potato focaccia.

Attachments

• 2018-10-16 18.29.14.jpg
    2018-10-16 18.29.14.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 2018-10-16 18.28.50.jpg
    2018-10-16 18.28.50.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 131

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Roasted Chicken (Thank You Safeway's) Baked Potato, Apple Sauce, & Redbridge Beer. (a good Gluten Free Beer.)

Attachments

• T Chic.jpg
    T Chic.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 135

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Effort ;
Shredded BBQ Beef on a toasted Onion Roll, Fries, Asparagus Cuts, Macaroni salad w/ Sweet Pepper and Onion Bits and a hint of Yellow Mustard.......

Macaroni Salad.jpg

Beef BBQ.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My version of chicken San Marino, tomato/potato/basil dish, and a Puglia potato focaccia.

Had to look up Chicken San Marino. Would you say it's any different from Chicken Cordon Bleu?

Making my mouth water at 8:30 a.m.!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Had to look up Chicken San Marino. Would you say it's any different from Chicken Cordon Bleu?

Making my mouth water at 8:30 a.m.!

Lee

Same technique, different ham and cheese, i.e. Italian vs French. I didn't feel like messing with the rolling part, so just breaded the chicken, cooked it mostly in a mix of EVOO and butter, laid a piece of prosciutto on it, then put some grated Fontina on top. Poured a bit of cream and a touch of brandy in the bottom of the pan, covered, and let it sit over low heat until the cheese melted and the chicken finished cooking.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
As far as I know, DIL is making dinner tonight.
Don't know if it's going to be Puerto Rican or just a nice, plain American type dinner.
She does both well.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Same technique, different ham and cheese, i.e. Italian vs French. I didn't feel like messing with the rolling part, so just breaded the chicken, cooked it mostly in a mix of EVOO and butter, laid a piece of prosciutto on it, then put some grated Fontina on top. Poured a bit of cream and a touch of brandy in the bottom of the pan, covered, and let it sit over low heat until the cheese melted and the chicken finished cooking.

Ah, works for me! :bounce:

Thanks, Karen!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch Place called 'Bravo Pho'

First visit ; First time for Pho
This is Pho Dac Biet -
Flank Steak, Brisket, Beef Tendon..... Very Interesting !

Bravo Pho - Pho Dac Biet.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Holy cow, it's been ages since I've had pho.
Like 16 years.
There is this place in Leiscester Sq. London south of the park. Noodle House I believe.
Looks good, Lucky.

Johnny West

Yesterday afternoon/even I made cioppino. It looked prettier before I dumped the scallops and juice in the mix. The taste was excellent, though. I can't say the scallops added anything but more seafood.

Attachments

• ####Cioppino I.jpg
    ####Cioppino I.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 121
  • ####Cioppino MS.jpg
    ####Cioppino MS.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 116

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
She made a big pot of old-fashioned potato soup.
With onions, ham and cheese stirred in toward the end... and a lot of butter.
:ohmy: :cooking:

I liked it. Had 2 bowls.

20181017_162940-768x768.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Leftover Night at Lucky's...

Last of the Beef BBQ, over White Rice, Sprouts and Radishes cooked in Beef Broth and Water (75/25)... and the inevitable Salad... Red Onion, Radish and Shaved Carrot over Iceberg Lettuce...

Radish Salad.jpg

Beef BBQ over Rice.jpg