What have you eaten Sunday 7/14/2019 to Saturday 7/20/2019?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Neighbor Lady was frying chicken, and volunteered to do my two pieces....... can't turn THAT down....

Fried Chicken, Roasted Baby Yukons with a dollop of Sour Cream, Chopped Collards and Leftie Black Beans with onion...

Chicken, Fried.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Yesterday:

Brunch after DD went for blood work was grilled american cheese and tomato on sliced bread from farm market. (It is a rectangle loaf of Italian type bread. It was nice and crispy. Great flavor. I will be buying my bread there from now on.) and tomato soup.

Dinner was a deli sandwich - 1/2 a smoked turkey breast, lettuce and mayo on a long roll.

Today may be Homemade Chicken Mei fun.

We are having car problems (which started after we got home from LabCorp yesterday) and DD needs to go get a chest X Ray. So not sure how this will play out. :sad:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Pork tacos, green rice and refried black beans. Pork was roasted in a mixture of orange juice, achiote paste, garlic, cilantro and a serrano, then shredded. Used up the homemade corn tortillas.

Embryodad

Tina is at the farm market now; getting potatoes and eggplant, to make Moussaka.

We love eggplant. I prepared my hot cherry peppers, diced, and with minced garlic and olive oil. Ummmm!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Ferget IT !

Not firing up any heat producers today...... Over ninety, big bad Tropical Storm residue might yank some of this away later, but I ain't taking no chance.... the BIG salad tonight, or, if you prefer, Antipasto.....

:clap::applause::flowers:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It’s 103F heat index. No cooking. Chinese delivery for lunch. Dinner was Brie and blue cheese on stoned wheat crackers. Thunder storms in the forecast for later.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It’s 103F heat index. No cooking. Chinese delivery for lunch. Dinner was Brie and blue cheese on stoned wheat crackers. Thunder storms in the forecast for later.
Peeps, its supposed to be near 114 with the heat index here this weekend.
It's 99 right now and just miserable outside.
Nothing really heavy sounds good to either myself or DIL.
I rubbed the salmon and cooked it quickly in olive oil, the potatoes were nuked.
Lol

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Crab and corn cheesecake with green onion coulis. Side was a simple salad.

Attachments

• 2019-07-17 19.12.06.jpg
    2019-07-17 19.12.06.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 120

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Salmon looks good, Sass!

I keep thinking I don't care for it, but I'm thinking about giving it another try, maybe with the béarnaise sauce that my friend makes.

(Whoa, just as I typed that, a guy on a commercial said "béarnaise sauce"!)

Anyway, last night, we grilled turkey tips marinated in honey bbq sauce (bought them that way). Delicious! I love grilled turkey tips!

Served with so-so corn and wonderful grilled garden shishito peppers.

Lee

Attachments

• Turkey tips.JPG
    Turkey tips.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 121

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Lee!
Medtran, I would love the recipe for that crab and corn cheesecake.
Omg, that's beautiful.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Air Fried Chicken -Buttered Boiled Potato's (w/Parsley from my garden)-Corn & a Sprite.

Attachments

• 3WD.jpg
    3WD.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 118

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, its supposed to be near 114 with the heat index here this weekend.
It's 99 right now and just miserable outside.
Nothing really heavy sounds good to either myself or DIL.
I rubbed the salmon and cooked it quickly in olive oil, the potatoes were nuked.
Lol

We have same forecast for the weekend. I am planning to cook ham steak and hard boiled eggs. DD will pick up greens, olives and tomatoes. I have tuna, smoked cheese and shredded cheddar. That should be plenty of veggies and proteins for everyone to be happy. We will be having dinner salads for several days.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I thought about doing a sort of snack plate with crackers, cheeses, ham, and boiled eggs.
Or I could get take out, but I get tired of doing that since I like to be in the kitchen.
:smile:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Party crackers with cream cheese and mini pepperoni, swiss and American singles both with smoked ham/strawberry preserves, grapes!

Hit the spot!

20190718_172104-768x768.jpg

Embryodad

Leftover Moussaka. Leftover spaghetti. Leftover burger scraps wrapped in tin foil.

Here is the photo of the moussaka.

IMG_1532 (640x640).jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Air-Fried Salmon filet in a lake of Orange Sauce, White Rice, Broccoli & Carrot Medley... Macaroni Salad

Salmon Filet - Orange Sauce.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight will probably be stove top grilled strip steak. Either with tossed green salad or cold lemon & garlic string bean salad.

But this could change.

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm gonna try a 'Tuscan Chicken ' recipe I found on the side of the Rice Box.... not sure what makes it "Tuscan" ............ my neighbor gave me a Gi-Huge-Ic cuke from her garden; probably tasteless, left on the vine way too long..... I'll make Cukes 'n Onions out of it ...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I thought I posted this.

Last night we ordered subs. I had hot roast beef, gravy and melted mozzarella on garlic bread.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, DIL is getting Subway.
I'm going to do the same.
Probably a cold cut combo, or the Veggie Delite.