What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks, JoeV!

I thought that you made the dough with your new Bosch Universal.
Sounds easy to do though.

Thanks again! :cooking: :wow:

Saliha

Bread baking day again. I made fig-hazelnut-sunflower seed breads.

ya70pfl0s90n.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
we want to make sourdough english muffins this week....we got a deal on some rings for them...do you have a recipe for the sour dough version?

English Muffins (Lower calorie variant)
From the Kitchen of: Joe Valencic
Makes 12 or 20 Muffins

Ingredients:

11-1/2 oz. of 2% milk
11-1/2 oz. warm water (less than 110F)
3 Packets Stevia (or 3T white sugar)
1-1/2t Salt
1-1/2T Shortening (Crisco)
2-1/2t Instant yeast
19-1/2 oz. All purpose flour
1-1/2t Baking powder
As Required – Non-stick spray
As Required – Yellow cornmeal

* Special equipment: electric griddle, 3-inch metal rings. Cast iron pan is optional; just make sure you have a cover that fits the pan. Be careful, as the heat is hard to control with cast iron.

Directions:

In a bowl, combine the milk, water, Stevia, and salt, and microwave for 1 minute on high power. Let cool to less than 110F. In a ramekin or small bowl, microwave shortening for 15 seconds on high to melt, then quickly whisk it into the warm milk mixture. Add the flour and beat thoroughly with wooden spoon or whisk. Cover the bowl and let it rest in a warm spot for 30 minutes.

Preheat the griddle to 300 degrees F.

Add the 1-1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to mixture and beat thoroughly. Place metal rings onto the griddle and spray with vegetable spray. Dust pan bottom inside the rings with fine cornmeal. Using #20 ice cream scoop, place 2 level scoops into each ring and cover with a pot lid or cookie sheet and cook for 6 minutes. Remove the lid, remove rings from muffins and flip muffins with spatula. Cover with the lid and cook for another 6 minutes or until golden brown. Place on an open wire rack and cool. Split with fork, toast and serve with your favorite topping.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
we want to make sourdough english muffins this week....we got a deal on some rings for them...do you have a recipe for the sour dough version?
I never made a sourdough version. If I was to make them, I would use my my starter that's 50/50 flour/water. Replace half of the flour & water in the recipe with that amount of 50/50 starter.

Here's the formula:

19-1/2 oz. starter
11-1/2 oz. of 2% milk
9-3/4 oz. warm water (less than 110F)
3 Packets Stevia (or 3T white sugar)
1-1/2t Salt
1-1/2T Shortening (Crisco)
2-1/2t Instant yeast
9-3/4 oz. All purpose flour
1-1/2t Baking powder
As Required – Non-stick spray
As Required – Yellow cornmeal

NOTE: This recipe is better to be little on the loose side, rather than stiff. The batter will flow better to fill the rings so the muffins rise more evenly. Be sure to spray the rings with cooking spray, or you'll be cleaning up a mess. :yum:
I know if I need add a bit more water, based on how the batter handles. Only experience will let you know.

DO NOT REMOVE COVER DURING 6 MINUTE BAKE. PEEKING IS NOT ALLOWED.

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Going on my annual Winter Hike outing with the Old Farts Patrol this weekend. I decided to make the bread for the outing today, as I have a busy week. Four loaves of whole wheat sandwich bread. Just need to slice & freeze it.

Attachments

• Whole Wheat 020115.jpg
    Whole Wheat 020115.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 183

Saliha

I have a baking day as some many times at Sunday.

Blueberry pie:

c01mdb0r0jqf.jpg

Cinnamon rolls:

ivli9jtopl8y.jpg

Sweet bun with a lot of raisins:

x44p0ybujc4v.jpg

Now I only need a glass of cold milk and my day is perfect. :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, everybody's stuff looks wonderful!

Saliha, that bread sounds amazing!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Absolutely, positively BEAUTIFUL, homecook!

Honestly, Barb, my mouth is watering, just imagining it!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My sausage breads (4 loaves) are in the oven. Will probably make some over easy to dip the sausage bread in.

Saliha

Today is my last day in my trainee job in the caring center for elderly. I made these mocha pieces to my workmates:

efm8xf7x1r6j.jpg

Easy and fast to make. :piesmiley1:

Saliha

My pie today: Three cabbage pie (Chinese cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts) with cherry tomatoes, kebab meat and mozzarella cheese:

o6n506b766pe.jpg

:readytoeat:

Saliha

Nice rye bread. By the recipe I saw it is Swedish origin. Difference between Swedish and Finnish versions of the rye breads is that Swedish ones are sweeter (molasses, seeds and orange zest). But sure its tasty too.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I didn't have an orange, so I missed that particular part. It is cooking now and a line is developing to taste it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Made up some sandwich thins & hot dog buns with my Slovenian White Bread recipe, and using lard instead of butter. Gives a little different flavor than butter in the dough.

Tomorrow I'll be conducting an in-home bread baking class for a friend and his daughter who is 8 months pregnant. She's on maternity leave from her job as a sous chef, and wants to make homemade bread for her and her family. The Dad is along to learn to my "tricks," which he's convinced I have, in order to make such nice looking and flavorful breads. I tried to tell him that when you make over 100 loaves of bread each year for almost 7 years, you're bound to get better with each loaf. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 586
Status
Not open for further replies.