My Favorite Refried Beans - Mexicali Rose

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I know making them from scratch is the best, but I really love these refried beans when you are in a pinch. I buy the big bag and just scoop out what I need. I cup of the dried to one cup of water. I also like these because you can make them as soupy as you want or as thick as you want.

20141130_182250.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heck, I didn't know you could get those!

I've only had them in a can!

Lee

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I think I like these better than canned. Actually, since I found these, I have not bought canned. They also have flavors like green chili and chrizo. I have not tried any yet, but can only assume they are good. The ONLY place I have been able to find them is at Walmart.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
These are going on my shopping list. I always end up throwing out about 1/2 of a can.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
They used to have a black bean one as well, but when I decided to try it, I have not been able to find them since.

That is what I love about it Cooksie, make as little or as much as you want!

Shermie

Site Supporter
While I was in Georgia last week, My 10-year-old grand nephew had suggested that we go eat lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and we did!

Some of us had refried beans, but it was like a thick soup with no mashed beans!!! I like mine partially mashed, so that there are still some whole beans in it!! :sorry: :weber: