Wild raspberries ???

suziquzie

The kids and I discovered a million raspberry plants out in the "back 40" lol....

How do I know if they are poisonous or not? Can you eat all raspberries? I've had a couple from the ones on the other side of the yard and didn't die.....
:clap::clap::clap:

Thoughts? They are running outside with buckets as I type......

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, it's 6 hours later now, Suzi .... everyone okay?

Lee

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Suzi--want to post a picture of what you ate as well. Mr. Green Jeans and others might know what you actually ingested. Please.

Wart

Banned
It's been 2~3 weeks since our Raspberries were done for the season, OTOH I see she's in Minnesota. Their berries may come in later.

suziquzie

lol, we are fine..... didnt eat many because I was going to make dessert with them, but none of my kids earned dessert..... whole other story.

I read what I could, it seems there are not poisonous versions, I am just blessed with my very own wild raspberry farm!
Lucky me
:)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Poisonous raspberries? LOL Eat, Suzie, EAT. The woods around your place and mine are full of raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Poisonous? NOT! EAT!

suziquzie

LOL Buzz I was born in the Bronx I'm relatively new to this eating berries found in the woods thing!!!!!
Thank you!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
LOL Buzz I was born in the Bronx I'm relatively new to this eating berries found in the woods thing!!!!!
Thank you!

Ahhhh. I grew up gathering berries with my family in the summer. The last two houses I owned here in Wausau had raspberry gardens planted by DW and me. They had a net cover so the birds couldn't get at 'em. Those plants were incredible producers and we could easily pick around a quart a day for about a month. We'd get our blackberries in the ditches of rural roads.

buckytom

Grill Master
your wild raspberries (so long as that's what they are) are fine to eat, squzie.

i used to pick them, and wild blueberries, blackberries, and concord grapes all the time when i went hiking in the summer.

it's an old hiker's tale of the "10 step berries". that is you only get 10 steps before you drop after eating them. as far as i know, there are no poisonous berries in the u.s. that look either like a raspberry or blackberry. most berries here are safe to eat except for a few, like poke, yew, holly, ivy, and a few others.

make sure your kids or pets do not eat poke berries. most hikers that i've known that stupidly tried to live off the land for a period got sick after eating poke weed or berries, even after cooking them.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I use to pick blackberries as a kid with my brothers. Nice you had similar memories, Buzz.

Wart

Banned
lol, we are fine.....

Glad to see your still drawing air. :)

I am just blessed with my very own wild raspberry farm!

You'll want to be careful with that.

We have a good size bramble, among other things I made one pie that didn't set up (was trying something new). I couldn't see letting it going to waste so I ate ~ 2/3 of the pie in about one sitting.

:ohmy:

Next day(s) things weren't moving along very well, and when it did ... all those little seeds .... Sandpaper.

I'll give you I need a better diet, but still.

Just a heads up.

One year Wife and I made a jam by mashing black raspberries through a Chinois which removed almost all the seeds. Good Stuff.