What's cooking Sunday 11/20/16 to Saturday 11/26/16?

Johnny West

Last night's fajitas... forgot the cilantro. I like a lot of sour cream. :good:

The salasa is our home made zucchini salsa.

Attachments

• ########Fajitas.JPG
    ########Fajitas.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 165
  • ########Fajitas MS.JPG
    ########Fajitas MS.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 174

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hopefully will finish turkey day prep.

Planning to pick up some frozen Hebrew National franks in blankets and pizza rolls for quick easy dinner.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We all know what were cooking as a whole tomorrow- I just want to wish everyone a Very Happy and Thankful Thanks Giving. Traditionally-
We always have Oyster Stew to begin our Thanks Giving meal.:cooking:

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everything is done for tomorrow. All I need to do is roast the turkey, make the gravy and heat everything else up.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just got up and waiting for hub to help me with the turkey (stuff cavity with half onion, rosemary, sage and thyme sprigs) and into oven.

Took the two potato dishes and the sautéed stuffing veggies out of freezer to thaw.

This is the first year in quite awhile I don't have anything to prep day of except roast turkey and make the gravy.

I get to enjoy the day!! And have an early dinner.

Hub doesn't approve of drinking so no wine. :sad:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had breakfast. Turkey is cooking. And I have nothing to do at the moment but watch the two potato dishes thaw. Very strange. Watching Ratatouille.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ham, turkey,dressing, mashies and gravy, green bean casserole, Rainwaters creamed corn recipe, deviled eggs, cranberry relish, pumpkin and chocolate silk pies.
Ughh, stuffed!
:biggrin:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanksgiving menu 2016:

Turkey

Turkey Gravy

Mashed white, Yukon and red potatoes (European butter, sour cream, fresh chives and chives and onion cream cheese spread added)

Mashed sweet potato and acorn squash (butter, maple, brown sugar and orange added)

Stuffing (celery, onion, mushrooms and walnuts sautéed in butter with salt, pepper, fresh chopped rosemary, sage and thyme)

Sautéed mushrooms (fresh garlic, oregano, fresh basil)

Cranberry tangerine and pecan relish

Jellied Cranberry sauce

Stuffed mushrooms

Green olive, cream cheese and walnut poppers

Pumpkin Pie

Apple Pie

Whipped Cream

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We all know what were cooking as a whole tomorrow- I just want to wish everyone a Very Happy and Thankful Thanks Giving. Traditionally-
We always have Oyster Stew to begin our Thanks Giving meal.:cooking:
Cranberries with Jack Daniels YUM

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
So on the menu for feasting again today;
Turkey roast, boneless.
Cornbread dressing
Sweet potatoes
Green beans
A cream cheese dessert made with graham cracker crust, and orange jello, coconut and whipped topping.
Lofthouse cookies
Layer Cake wines, both chardonnay and zinfandel

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I was in the mood for something lighter last night, so I had some boiled shrimp with sauce and saltines, and two clementines later.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm thinking tonight will be turkey pot pies. The turkey carcass with lots of breast still on it and the wings were put in the freezer on thanksgiving day for soup next week.