Ham Balls

Johnny West

My mom made these for some holidays, especially Easter. I like them anytime and probably do this if there is any leftover ham tomorrow.

Ham Balls

1 lb smoked ham
1 lb ground lean pork
2 cups cracker crumbs (I use panko.)
2 eggs
1 cup milk

Sauce

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1 T. dry yellow mustard

Combine meat, eggs, and cracker crumbs, make into balls, place on jelly roll pan. Bring sauce mixture to a boil before pouring over ham balls. Bake 1.5 hours, uncovered in a 350 degree F oven. Turn balls occasionally during the last 45 minutes. Makes approximately 30 balls. We usually make a double batch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No problem. Recipe looks awesome, and worth a double post so no one misses it. :D

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
John, two questions:

- What is the second ingredient?
- How big are the ham balls that they can go an hour and a half at 350?

Thanks,

Lee

Johnny West

Fresh ground pork...

The ham balls are a bit bigger than golf balls. With the glaze it makes them candied, so to speak. It works. I'll see if I have a picture in my files.

Johnny West

Here you go...
###Ham Balls .jpg
###Ham Balls.jpg
###Ham Balls MS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny West

The mrs has these in the oven and is about to turn and baste. We went to WinCo today and they had pork sirloin roast on a reduced price so she decided to make the ham balls ahead of time for Easter. She had a lot of meat and made the balls larger so she didn’t have to use two pans.
2BF32128-C735-40ED-A5B1-33DC31A9D9FC.jpeg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'd probably have to have Jacob's Meats or the local meat place ground ham for me since I don't have one of those.