What are you doing today?

Embryodad

Been putting the kitchen back together with the cabinets painted for "She who must be obeyed." Also made a couple of loaves of old fashion white bread for a couple of shut-ins we know.
Looks great Joe!

I've been through the paint the cabinets thing too!
Then, after a year.... a look from the woman , and the quote!
" Look at the old cabinet is showing around the door pulls!!"

I said,"Watch this demo dear!" KNOB! Do you see the KNOB??? See .... PULL...To you see the PULL????" ..... Watch! Hand on knob...open door. Push on knob...close door!

Pull! Hand on Pull...Open the drawer.... Push on Pull...Door Closes! ....
..... S I M P L E ........... That is why they are put on the drawers and doors!!

3 weeks later.... At the stores getting the new kitchen cabinets.

ME.... I like the old metal cabinets and the kitchen sink with the old shelf back faucet, and the built in sloped drain board in the heavy cast iron sink.

Saliha

I planted a ginger root to the pot. Maybe too early to it but one ginger root I bought for tea started to make buds so I decided to give it a try.

:mrgreen:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i was reading half my night. went shopping earlier on. put together my new lamp. dinner followed, thereafter, & blake rang me a few times, as well. thought of a nap, as i could nary stay awake, then, got my second wind. think i'll read further, then get a few hours' snooze in.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Still on the painting project. Cabinets have been done for a couple of days, and yesterday I finished the foyer, as much as will be done before Christmas. the railing will wait till January. Finished the three slab doors and hung them this morning while the repairman replaced the torsion springs on my garage door. One busted yesterday, and as it turned out, there were two different springs on the bar. I had one replaced about 10 years ago, and they installed a weaker spring. Now both are the same and the door is back in service. $230.00

Today I need to grocery shop and paint the two bi-fold doors. they will be hung tomorrow. Here's where I'm at.
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That looks great, JoeV!

I am up to my eyeballs in bathroom stuff. Today is rip out the countertops...bang, scrape, scrape, bang :unsure:.

Embryodad

NICE Joe!.... just make sure they know what the door knob is for.
I used to tell the kids,"the handle is where we grab to OPEN.....and grab to CLOSE the door!!!...
Did they listen?...NOT

What I did, was ( you know those heavy clear plastic containers that the narrow 1" Venetian blinds come in?).... Well I save them and most are 1-3/8 wide. I cut them about 12" long, and remove one side, and then slide it on the door just below the lockset. That is the spot the kids, and some of the grown kids, grab to close / open the door. Saves a lot of greasy sticky spots, and easy to clean with windex.

Remember the old brass push plates on the older doors? If it were me, I would put them on the doors. DW frowned at that idea!
She said, NO, "I don't live in the post office"....LOL

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
sorting presents. i hafta find a place to put 'em! think they'll finally default into my un-used living room. New Year's was last night, there were many beverages & items that would well-accompany.

Christmas is over now. 1 night later, could be 2-- i was so ill that i was put inpatient. that was none too excellent. that noise there~ & then, my wacky, yet amazingly intelligent roomie. then, noise & light @ most times i woke. thank God fer snooze.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My dishwasher rack has a few rust spots on it, so I'm going to try to fix it before it gets too bad. I let the one before this one get beyond repair :dizzy:. I bought some stuff called Uber Goop and am going to give that a shot this afternoon. If it seems to work and looks decent, I'll show ya :smile:.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
. . . doing today . . .

if you hear a loud crash, that would be me fixing my Windows notebook with the sledgehammer....

Windows is out of control. DOS worked; Windows pseudo-works aka "crashes just most of the time"

the HP crashed so bad not even the factory CD's have been able to make it work again. the factory CD's install the operating system on Drive D: that's an oops.

and the Acronis True Image bombs as well.

so I downloaded a Win7 ISO file, but the HP product number refuses to work with that. sounded, simple, get a working Win 7 setup, overwrite with the TI image.
neat idea, totally doesn't work.

Saliha

I was hearing that crash. When I was working before with computer business, we usually said in kind of situation as "If it does not work, do not try to force it. Get a bigger hammer."

:ermm:

I am in different business now: no more computers, no more hammers.

My exercise today: a lot of snow and my good old snow shovel...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
spent time on telly w/ Comcast, Mom, & blake. he is ill, again. damn. he is inpatient, tho is leaving early, due to a tasting he is expected to be @.

me- my usual. get a few drafts, clean, & chit-chat & dine. have my weekend away (my nurses won't be here until tuesday) so i'll have 1 or 5 too many.:kiss:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
have to get my pinkie looked @. it's so swollen, & ow! think it's broken. damn. i'm so not into a cast when i have a life to live.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Trying a new bread recipe, "Cranberry Wild Rice Bread." I saw it a couple days ago on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, and is only used for making French Toast. It comes from At Sarah's Table Chester Creek Cafe in Deluth, MN. It involves making a sponge, so the flavor will be a bit more intense because of it. I have it on first rise and will be shaping it in about 30 minutes. Will probably make a custard and have French Toast & bacon for dinner tonight.

Got it shaped and on second rise.

Attachments

• Cranberry Wild Rice Bread.jpg
    Cranberry Wild Rice Bread.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I am enjoying the hell out of Netflix, so glad I got that new smarty pants tv. Right now I'm into Parenthood, and I'm on the episode where Crosby, the screw-up, gets married. The series is a big ol' tangled ball of drama, and I'm loving every minute of it. Love the no commercials too.

Still working on my bathroom project, waiting on tub and tile to come in and then the demo guys will come in and fill the air with dust and debris.

I put in some new cabinet pulls the other night in an area that doesn't have any tile to rip out. I should have waited, but my impatient self just couldn't stand it. The first one was a biotch, took about 30 minutes, and I was beginning to worry that I had gotten some bum pulls from Overstock. I guess whoever put in the first pulls just got that one off alignment a little, but the rest were a breeze.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I guess I should have posted the finished cranberry bread, Silly me...

Attachments

• DSC_0300.jpg
    DSC_0300.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 270

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
With the holidays here & gone, it was time to get back on the updating of the house. I painted and refaced the fireplace with stacked stone, and painted the baseboards and chair rail in the family room and dining room. Me and DW are tossing around tearing out the back splash tile, and installing something more modern looking. Probably be a combination of ceramic or porcelain tiles, along with complementing glass tile. Need to start looking at combinations at the tile stores. Here are some before & after from the past couple of weeks.

Attachments

• DSC_0267.jpg
    DSC_0267.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC_0269.jpg
    DSC_0269.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_3041.jpg
    IMG_3041.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC_0314.jpg
    DSC_0314.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_3045.jpg
    IMG_3045.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 260

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Outstanding, JoeV! That stacked stone is gorgeous, and the white brings out the details in the woodwork so much better than the stain. Whoever picked the stone color and wall paint gets multiple thumbs up from me. They're perfect together.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Will be plowing back snow drifts this morning. Under a wind chill warning for the next 2 days. -35 wind chills are no fun to be out in.

LADawg

Will be plowing back snow drifts this morning. Under a wind chill warning for the next 2 days. -35 wind chills are no fun to be out in.

It was 69 down here in Lower Alabama yesterday, but will be cooler today. Highs will only be in the high 50's. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready for summer.
:bbq:

Embryodad

Had a little snow event last night. A measly 1-1/2" just enough to have to clean the cars off, and use the snow blower. Cleaned the walks and driveway with the snow blower.
Even that is exhausting. A lot of huffing and puffing, but unbelievable, no chest pains today.
I'm feeling a little better as long as I don't eat anything heavy after 7:00 PM.
Cardiologist just laughed and said the heart works in sympathy with a messed up stomach. Then he points to the belly, and says,"Get Rid Of That!" hahahahaha
I tell him, that's my "Old Mans Belly!"..... Then he adds,"Yeah, and it will be a Dead Mans Soon!"..............

Cooksie

Site Supporter
... A lot of huffing and puffing, but unbelievable, no chest pains today.

:eek: I didn't know you were having problems with chest pains. Take care of yourself!

It has been unusually warm here for February. I wish it would continue, but I know it won't :(.

Bathroom project is coming along. All the really messy and noisy work is done :beer: .

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
woke. found lysol cleaners. used them. my porcelain was dull. as was my flooring. fed my meowers & then a few ppl rang me; ignored 'em fer a few. i was busy fixing my broken finger. now to get georgeous, then buy a few beyond my usual, & watch sports 'da pub w/ a crew of others that also tend to yell @ 1 of 6 flatscreens during a game. we somehow hear/see them in harmony. oi.

Embryodad

We love Lysol. Used to use Spic & Span but they don't make it anymore.

Working on smashing Icicles off the front gutters especially over the front porch.
Wouldn't want the mail man to get stabbed with a monster icicle. God forbid.

Gettin ready for Superbowl Sunday.....and gonna make dough for pizza for watchin the game.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
We love Lysol. Used to use Spic & Span but they don't make it anymore.

Working on smashing Icicles off the front gutters especially over the front porch.
Wouldn't want the mail man to get stabbed with a monster icicle. God forbid.

Gettin ready for Superbowl Sunday.....and gonna make dough for pizza for watchin the game.

methinx i have 5 bottles of Lysol (TY, Mom)....... & found one in my cupboard earlier, yay.
icicles made great toys when we were tots. until my Dad took 'em away, then made them into shards of ice w/ his sneakers.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Recovering from a long day and from the overtime last night.
Knocked myself out with Benadryl this afternoon :dizzy:.
Managed to wake up in time to make dinner and felt like I was on a different planet lol

I'll be in bed soon with the doggie, watching The Princess Bride with a bag of popcorn.

-- thanking the weather gods for not dumping a lot of snow in this part of Ohio, could have been worse.

:smile: