Quick & Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe Please

Meme4251

I am looking for a good easy pumpkin bread that I can put some up in the freezer for the holidays.

Also, would like a good chocolate chip cookie recipe besides the one on the back of the pkg of Nestles Chocolate Chips but nothing that takes alot of preparing. I am not a baker since none of my kid's (4) nor myself eat sweets but now my grandkid's (8) all do...:shock: Thanks, Meme

Meme4251

Thank you very much Fry Boy for taking the time to check for me. Really appreciate it. I think to be on the safe side instead of some unknown site, I'll use Libby's. Really do not have anything to lose except ......I have never been able to bake worth a crap, everything flops, and like I said, my kid's were and still not much on sweets, maybe now I see why they never developed a taste for them, my baking!:bonk: Again, thanks...

FryBoy

Baking isn't all that hard, it just requires a little knowledge and some precision. It's like chemistry -- the amount of each ingredient is critical and must be measured carefully, the order in which things are mixed together is important, the amount of time things like butter and surgery are beaten matter, and baking times and temperatures are important. The rest is learned by doing.

In the cookie recipes, I've tried to make the directions as clear and explicit as I can, mostly for my daughter's sake as she's not a very experienced baker, either.

I think the Libby's recipe is pretty much fool-proof, although I'd probably add walnuts instead of cranberries -- or maybe both.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I am looking for a good easy pumpkin bread that I can put some up in the freezer for the holidays.

Also, would like a good chocolate chip cookie recipe besides the one on the back of the pkg of Nestles Chocolate Chips but nothing that takes alot of preparing. I am not a baker since none of my kid's (4) nor myself eat sweets but now my grandkid's (8) all do...:shock: Thanks, Meme

Fry Boy's second bar cookie recipe reminded me of another bar cookie that is so quick and easy. We call them Hello Dollies. It's basically:

- spread grahm cracker crumbs over the bottom of a baking dish
- add melted butter to the crumbs, mix together, and press along the bottom of the dish
- top with chips of choice (chocolate, butterscotch), nuts of choice, coconut (or not)
- pour sweetened condensed milk over the top and bake

Sorry, I don't remember the amounts or baking time. Maybe someone else will.

Last edited:

Meme4251

I have to agree, no cranberries here my dear! Thanks, sh See other posts but have to run up to the nursing home real quick w/my daughter to see me aunt. Will reply tonight. But, thanks who has and again Fry, appreciate yours. That is as far as I got and was very helpful....

Constance

Fry Boy's second bar cookie recipe reminded me of another bar cookie that is so quick and easy. We call them Hello Dollies. It's basically:

- spread grahm cracker crumbs over the bottom of a baking dish
- add melted butter to the crumbs, mix together, and press along the bottom of the dish
- top with chips of choice (chocolate, butterscotch), nuts of choice, coconut (or not)
- pour sweetened condensed milk over the top and bake

Sorry, I don't remember the amounts or baking time. Maybe someone else will.

Here's a recipe:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/browniesbars/r/bl30629t.htm

Deelady

Heres one I made last year :)

Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1-3/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt until well blended; set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in chopped chocolate.
DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
BAKE 12 to 13 min. or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Serve immediately. (Or, wrap cooled cookies in plastic wrap and place in tightly covered container or resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature before serving.)

Deelady

Super Moist Chocolate Chip Cookies

Adding a pudding mix to the old standard really puts these over the top! This is the only recipe for Choc chip cookies I ever use! The original recipe calls for one bag of choc chips, but I usually use closer to 3/4 of the bag.
12-24 servings

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix or vanilla instant pudding mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

chocolate chips, to taste

Combine all ingredients. Drop spoonfuls to desired cookie size on cookie sheet, Aprox 1 tablespoon for med-large cookie.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I haven't made pumpkin bread in a coon's age, but I recall that the recipe on the can of Libby's pumpkin is easy and very good. It's available at this link: Libby's Pumpkin Bread

I made the linked recipe last night, using dried cranberries. Very easy, very good! Mine took 65 minutes at 350 degrees.

My photos below recipe. Will take a loaf to friends I'm visiting this weekend.

(Also, there are excellent cookie recipes in this thread that have gotten lost in the thread. If I remember, I will extract them someday and start threads for each.)

Lee

Libby's Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
Ingredients

Original recipe makes 2 loaves

• 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3 cups granulated sugar

• 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup orange juice or water
  • 1 cup sweetened dried, fresh or frozen cranberries

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.

COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.

BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Recipe makes two loaves.

FOR THREE 8 x 4-INCH LOAF PANS:
PREPARE
as above. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
FOR FIVE OR SIX 5 x 3-INCH MINI-LOAF PANS:
PREPARE
as above. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.

Attachments

• Pumpkin breads.JPG
    Pumpkin breads.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,017
  • Pumpkin bread, sliced.JPG