look what I found........

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
.......in a box in the garage, Lord knows where or when I got it.......

Question is...has any one of you ever used it ?

Is it a worthwhile endeavor ?

ShrimpScallopStir-Fry006.jpg

Leni

I've never used it myself but I have seen them and eaten the cake. You can use different colors and flavors of cake besides just vanilla and chocolate. That is a neat gadget. If you don't want it I'll take it. :chef:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I feel as dumb now as when I do your trivia questions, LT. I've never seen one of those before. Nice find.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My grandmother had one when I was a kid. She made one once.
I don't know if my Grams had one of those, but she did make a checkerboard cake a few times that I know of, so she must have had one.

Cool find in your garage, Lucky.
Show us the cake!

We used to buy the same or a similar cake from a bakery in Manhattan or Brooklyn. There was a layer of strawberry or raspberry jam or preserves, w/ chocolate frosting. Oh, so good.

Carolina Cooking

I have made cookies like that. I also made a sandwich loaf for a tea party checkerboard. Its time consuming to say the least. But worth it when you want something a little differant.

cool find. :thumb:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Okay !
It's on the schedule for my little baker.........

We will definitely post the results...... patience, tho' ..........that won't be for a couple of Saturdays down the road..............

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Okay Kids !

We finally got around to this project, with limited success..........

various012.jpg

various015.jpg

One side came out as I imagine its supposed to.............. the other side got a little swirly ...............

Okay Kids !

We finally got around to this project, with limited success..........

various012.jpg

various015.jpg

One side came out as I imagine its supposed to.............. the other side got a little swirly ...............

Looks delish to me, Lucky. Are you missing a layer? I think the pans I had had three compartments. How did it taste?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
cake was great ; couldn't ask for a better experience, taste / texture - wise.......
Artistic grade would be a c- tho'

and mine is obviously incomplete - two layers only......... but then, I didn't and don't know how I acquired it, so..............
We may try again......... warm kitchen season is upon us..........

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
i also bought one of those as a bride but never used it, except to use the pan to make a regular cake.

yours is gorgeous and mouth-watering !!!!!!!!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
truthfully, probably not........ but the kit is still in the pantry, not back in the junk house, er, I mean garage......