Hand blender Hollandaise (easy!)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Other members have posted beautiful photos of their Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce.

My pictures are not so pretty, but the point of this post is an easy way to make a small amount of "blender Hollandaise" by using a hand blender and the chopper cup that comes with it.

Hand Blender Hollandaise Sauce
(makes enough for 4 Eggs Benedicts, about 1/2 cup)

2 egg yolks
1/2 stick butter
1 1/2 T lemon juice
couple dashes hot sauce

Nuke butter in a small microwavable cup. Cool slightly.

Place egg yolks, lemon juice, hot sauce in hand blender chopper cup. Put the top of the chopper cup on and blend for a few seconds.

Drizzle butter, a little at time, into the chopper cup, blending after each addition.

Set the chopper cup in a small pot of warm water, to keep warm and to thicken the sauce a bit, while you are toasting the English muffins, poaching the eggs, and warming the Canadian bacon.

Assemble all and enjoy!

Lee

Attachments

• Hand blender Hollandaise.JPG
    Hand blender Hollandaise.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 677
  • Hollandaise warming.JPG
    Hollandaise warming.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 612
  • Eggs Benedict.JPG
    Eggs Benedict.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 630
  • Eggs Benedict open.JPG
    Eggs Benedict open.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 627

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Beautiful eggs benedict! I don't know why I've always thought making hollandaise was hard. I'm sure that I'd want to throw my Knorr's out the window after tasting the real stuff.

Beautiful eggs benedict! I don't know why I've always thought making hollandaise was hard. I'm sure that I'd want to throw my Knorr's out the window after tasting the real stuff.

Don't say that!!! I've made my own via both quick methods & traditional methods & I STILL always have Knorr's in the pantry. For one thing, it still makes an extremely decent quick & flavorful sauce for an impromptu Benedict or to toss with broccoli or asparagus or top crab cakes, etc., etc.

In addition, when I'm serving folks who cannot consume or should not consume raw egg yolks, Knorr happily comes to the rescue.

Nothing wrong with Knorr products at all.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Don't say that!!! I've made my own via both quick methods & traditional methods & I STILL always have Knorr's in the pantry. For one thing, it still makes an extremely decent quick & flavorful sauce for an impromptu Benedict or to toss with broccoli or asparagus or top crab cakes, etc., etc.

In addition, when I'm serving folks who cannot consume or should not consume raw egg yolks, Knorr happily comes to the rescue.

Nothing wrong with Knorr products at all.

Good point!

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>always have . . .

metwoer. Hollandaise and Bearnaise.

the "classic" prep is a bit daunting and time consuming and prone to the oops! factor.
agreed it's not "hard" nor "rocket science" - if you do it 2x/wk you'd be a spot expert.

Knorr's - what a kick - that's "my brand" as well - I'd also say it make a darned decent sauce pretty darn quick & easy.

one of the best packaged gravy mixi was McCormicks "Hunter Sauce" - which they discontinued. I think it had a 'bad' marketing image - nasty old Bambi killers.... - it was one of my favs for pork.

I "tweak" Knorr's mixes a bit - add fresh lemon juice to the "Hollandaise" & fresh chopped Tarragon to the "Bearnaise". I used to add a little dry sherry to their "Newburg" sauce (which was really good), but just like ChowderMan's "Hunter Sauce", Knorr discontinued it. :(

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this hand blender Hollandaise again tonight, but doubled it for 4 Benedicts.

Boy, the sauce really DOES thicken up nicely when the blender cup is placed in a small pot of hot water on the stove!

Delicious!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
This is one of those dishes that I never made before, but would like to try it! :piesmiley1::eating2: :clap:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
>>always have . . .

metwoer. Hollandaise and Bearnaise.

the "classic" prep is a bit daunting and time consuming and prone to the oops! factor.
agreed it's not "hard" nor "rocket science" - if you do it 2x/wk you'd be a spot expert.

Knorr's - what a kick - that's "my brand" as well - I'd also say it make a darned decent sauce pretty darn quick & easy.

one of the best packaged gravy mixi was McCormicks "Hunter Sauce" - which they discontinued. I think it had a 'bad' marketing image - nasty old Bambi killers.... - it was one of my favs for pork.

Try Knorr's Peppercorn Sauce - tis good

Something I read somewhere :mrgreen:: If you make hollandaise or bearnaise and need to hold it for a while, put it in a thermos. The sauce won't break and it remains warm.