Let's Talk ... Pressure Cooking

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This Let’s Talk will focus on Pressure Cooking.

Whether going old school or new fangled what are your favorite cooking creations under pressure.

Please share your tips, techniques and secrets to success.

Pictures and recipes (please post link to your recipe if you posted one) are optional but always welcome.

picture.php

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I use my Fagor Splendid 6-quart for making squirrel stew and soups. I really haven't tried anything else with it, even though it can make almost anything, including bread! ? I can have chicken noodle soup ready in one hour from frozen meat. And I have a friend to thank for this free pressure cooker that she was scared to death of. She gave it to me because she was convinced it would blow up if she used it wrong. Ooooooo...k! I gladly accepted this free gift that she paid $69.95+tax and shipping for.

It's the most stupid-easy cooker to use, IMO!

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
How about some delicious pressure-cooked homemade baked beans? :wow::WitchBrewsSmiley::cooking:

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 195

Shermie

Site Supporter
And here's my new pressure cooker!! :piesmiley1: :readytoeat: :bonk:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 195

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I use my Fagor Splendid 6-quart for making squirrel stew and soups. I really haven't tried anything else with it, even though it can make almost anything, including bread! �� I can have chicken noodle soup ready in one hour from frozen meat. And I have a friend to thank for this free pressure cooker that she was scared to death of. She gave it to me because she was convinced it would blow up if she used it wrong. Ooooooo...k! I gladly accepted this free gift that she paid $69.95+tax and shipping for.

It's the most stupid-easy cooker to use, IMO!

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

This is what I see:

Capture.JPG

How do I enable 3rd party hosting?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yikes. I haven't been asked for payment yet.

I was getting a pop up, which I'd click out of last month, it was only until recently that I found my pictures slowly disappearing off various forums.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/photobucket-breaks-image-links-across-the-internet

Embedding images on a website or in a forum post is a very common practice, with those images usually living on one of the many well-known image hosting websites. One such host is Photobucket, but a recent change to its subscription tiers means many millions of images across the Internet are no longer going to load outside of Photobucket's own site.

The key feature of a Photobucket account we're talking about here is called "3rd Party Hosting." It allows you to embed images from Photobucket in another location on the Internet, e.g. in a forum post or on a website.

As Norvic Philatelics discovered, Photobucket changed its terms and conditions and removed the 3rd Party Hosting feature from the lower subscription tiers. If you want to continue using that feature then a Photobucket Plus 500 subscription is required. It costs $39.99 per month or $399 per year.

Not only is that very expensive, it means existing Photobucket accounts on lower subscriptions tiers will have any embedded images they've created in the past cease to work. Considering Photobucket has been around since 2003 and hosts over 10 billion images, that's potentially millions of embedded images across the Internet being broken thanks to a policy change. Here's just one example of how this change impacts a forum thread.

The worst part of this debacle, according to Ghacks.net, is the fact Photobucket users were apparently given no warning of the change. The subscription features simply changed, and images stopped loading without explanation.

There's hope this is a mistake, or that Photobucket's management will realize the scale of the problem they have created with this change. But if that doesn't happen, expect to see that Photobucket broken link image above many times in the coming months.