What's are you eating NCT - Sunday 11/12/2017 to Saturday 11/18/2017?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well it's a new week. I can't believe Thanksgiving and the beginning of the holiday season is upon us.

Tonight's plan is NY strip steak, potato, maybe mushrooms and veggie TBDL.

what_are_you_eating_tigger_mug_coffee_072009_P1030531.JPG

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Reverse seared rib eye, fondant potatoes, and creamed spinach. A bit on the rare side, but I'd rather have that than on the medium side.

Attachments

• 2017-11-12 18.02.53.jpg
    2017-11-12 18.02.53.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 171

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Grilled Strip steak (smoked), whole mushrooms (simmered in butter and Maggi sauce), pan fried potatoes & onions & tomato salad (tomatoes, onions, salt, ground pepper, red wine vinegar, EVOO & shredded mozzarella).

steak_mushrooms_111217_1_IMG_3442.JPG

steak_mushrooms_111217_2_IMG_3440.JPG

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Def not my Mamma's Sunday Dinner !

Steamed Franks, Bush's Southwest-Style Baens, Skillet Yukon Potatoes, Chopped Collards

Hot Dogs and Beans.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Monday's quick lunch ;

Lettuce, Cucumbers Hard Egg, Red Onion, Black Olives, Grated Parmesan under Zippy Italian Dressing

Salad, Lettuce, Cukes, Black Olives, Boiled Egg, Grated Parmesan, Italian Dressing.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Breaded chicken cutlet and broccoli rabe sautéed in EVOO, fresh garlic and red pepper flakes.

chicken_cutlet_broccoli_rabe_111417_IMG_3445.JPG

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's fare...

Seared Octopus appetizer

Seared Octopus Appetizer.jpg

Baked Tilapia Filet, White Rice, Roasted Butternut Squash

Baked Tilapia Filet, Roasted Butternut Squash.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Last night we had French onion soup made with some of the beef broth we made up last weekend, with gruyere cheese toasts as floaters.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Just made shrimp and grits via the recipe from America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Country.
Also made 4 loaves of cranberry/pecan bread for next week's Thanksgiving celebration with my family.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's (a First for Me...) Eggplant Parmesan....

Take-aways are ; Slice the Eggplant thicker, and the Mozzarella thinner.....

Eggplant for Parmesan.jpg

Eggplant Parm int to finish.jpg

Eggplant Parmesan.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had shrimp and grits too. I use recipe for Old Charleston style from All Recipes (sort of). I use shrimp stock made from shells, don't use green peppers (don't like them), and I don't usually use bacon. Last night, we used some homemade chaurice instead of andouille because that's first thing we found freezer diving, but we won't be doing that again, much prefer the andouille. I also use long-cooking grits so I use liquid amounts on that bag.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky,

Were the eggplant slices fried, baked or raw when you put them in the oven?

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We sliced the Eggplant @1/4", sprayed 'em with (olive oil) cooking spray, put them on the rack and into the 425-degree oven for 15 minutes, flipped 'em, sprayed 'em, took a pic, and back into the oven for another 15 minutes.
Brought 'em out, layered 'em, and back into a reduced (350) oven for 25 minutes.

Last edited:

Embryodad

All the foods surely look great!
Eggplant is one of my favorite foods. Been away for a while..... a little setback with both Tina and me! I just got back from a few days in the hospitals; had two more stents added to my heart. Had two 15 years ago, and they were still open.

My diet has now changed. No more 7 pats of butter on my bread. hahahahaha

The best part of our adventures with aged humans, is the fact that Tina ( my wife ) had her stomach repaired so she can eat solid foods. It was blocked.

I / we are still going to cook, and can once in a while, go off our diets as per the Dr's ok! .... :picnic::clap:

See you all later!
JIMMY

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy cow, Jimmy! Welcome back! Glad you and Tina are on the mend!

I've often raised my eyebrows in surprise (and, to be honest, in ENVY) at some of your meals - good to hear that you are going to "health-up" your diet a bit.

Lee

Embryodad

Holy cow, Jimmy! Welcome back! Glad you and Tina are on the mend!

I've often raised my eyebrows in surprise (and, to be honest, in ENVY) at some of your meals - good to hear that you are going to "health-up" your diet a bit.

Lee

Yeah, thanks Lee. It was kind of rough cooking anything different, and or what we liked, because Tina mommy couldn't pass any solid foods through her stomach. She had been suffering with that for years. I forced her to go
and get it checked. She didn't go because she was thinking of the worst.

I had massive chest pains for months, and just took aspirin to get some relief. With holidays and birthdays in order, I tried to hold off so as not to mess up plans for everybody. Well..... I lost!! :twak:
Now, it's me and Mrs. Dash! Veggie burgers 90% of the time, and veggie hot dogs too! The other 10% is the In Moderation Meals!

Embryodad

Tonight, supper will be a nice 4 LB pot roast. The kids are coming over after work.
And unusually, there is a great big garden salad on the menu!
Ice cream for dessert! ( One scoop 4 me )

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
A quick pasta alla vodka since we both had hard days and didn't feel like making what was originally planned.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Saturday's comfort night ..
Slaw Burger, Oven Fries, Limpin' John (That's Black-eyed Peas, onion. celery Hearts & Leaves )

Slaw Burger, Oven Fries, Limpin' John.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
W e had chopped steak with mushrooms and onions, with French fries cooked via the cold oil technique.