What have you eaten Sunday 12/2/2018 to Saturday 12/8/2018?

Ironman

🍺
We had KFC tonite. $30 bucks for a 12 piece meal or something like that. Expensive but that’s some good shit. :)

:wink:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had KFC tonite. $30 bucks for a 12 piece meal or something like that. Expensive but that’s some good shit. :)

:wink:

I like to get just a bucket of chicken and make our own sides. By the time you factor in the costs of the chicken, the coating, the oil, your time prepping, making and cleaning up, plus the leftover fry smell in your house, it's not a bad deal. Even better if your supermarket hot case has good fried chicken. Ours is $9 regularly for 8 pieces and is on sale fairly frequently for $6.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with every word medtran just said, LOL!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Sausage, Peppers & Onions, Pinto's & Bacon, Dilled Carrots, and a Surimi Salad...
Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce...

Salad, Surimi.jpg

Sausage, Peppers & Onions.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Right now the plan is b/s chicken breasts in parsley cheese sauce- Hawaiian bread stuffing- something green, and cranberry sauce.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I like to get just a bucket of chicken and make our own sides. By the time you factor in the costs of the chicken, the coating, the oil, your time prepping, making and cleaning up, plus the leftover fry smell in your house, it's not a bad deal. Even better if your supermarket hot case has good fried chicken. Ours is $9 regularly for 8 pieces and is on sale fairly frequently for $6.

Every other week; our Safeway has a whole rotisserie chicken on sale for $5. Good for 2=3 meals.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Last night's dinner was Spaghetti with Broccoli Aglio e Olio (Garlic and Olive Oil) topped with fresh grated parm reg & pec romano cheeses.

broccoli_garlic_120318_IMG_5152.JPG

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
does whadda iYam gonna' eat qualify?
driving past our "high end" (local) butcher I sprung for some veal shanks. they used to nearly _give_ this stuff away . . .

DW won't do veal, too cute, I'm schedule to spend the weekend on a DDL (that's Daddy Do List) with our oldest daughter, so I'm braising it now for a reheat Saturday night....

I've done ossa bucco with beef and veal, multiple times, multiple less than stellar (i.e. made me not happy) results. after peering at dozens of recipes, methinks I may have found the missing bit: tomato paste. we'll see. I'm going to take some lintels along to cook up in the reheat.
IMG_0946.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The Hawaiian bread stuffing mix is delicious.
The cheese sauce pouch (Campbell's)was a tad salty for my liking, because I never salt anything and have a heightened sensitivity to some packaged products.
Good meal tho all in all.

Nct 20181207_170431-768x768.jpg

What I used.

20181207_160254-768x711.jpg

Embryodad

Supper was leftovers. I had two stuffed cabbage Tina made 2 days ago. Also, for lunch I had a bowl of brussels sprouts. Pepper and lime crystals to imitate salt.

She had chicken salad that I made this afternoon.
Plus egg salad I made early this morning.

Every ones dinners sound and looks so good.
The spaghetti with broccoli caught my eye Peeps.....
I could see me making that tomorrow.....thanks to you and your pic.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight will be Angus sirloin strips, long grain and wild rice, and peas if you please.

Johnny West

Last night I went to Bob's and had the small order of fish and chips - it was so small and pathetic I didn't take a picture.

I made up for it with breakfast this morning.

tonight we are going to the Seattle Thunderbirds hockey game and will have a hot dog and bottle of water.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was MOD PIZZA. Absolutely a fantastic Pizza. One price 30 items to choose from. Mine was Pepperoni, anchovies,Mushrooms, onions and green peppers. $5.
DD had the Gluten Free Hawaiian.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made homemade chicken soup yesterday. So chicken veggie soup over brown rice topped with grated parm reg & pec romano cheese was dinner.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Dinner plate sized potato rosti using spiralized starchy potatoes, salted, drained in a colander, then patted dry between paper towels, cooked 8 minutes on each side in a skillet in peanut oil, then cooked in a 400 F oven on a rack for 12 minutes. Toppings were creme fraiche, deli mustard, pastrami, thinly sliced deli dill pickles, dill fronds and green onions. Craig had a couple of fried eggs on his slices.

Attachments

• 2018-12-08 18.24.35.jpg
    2018-12-08 18.24.35.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 92

Embryodad

Had Chicken soup leftover from the other day. I'm all souped out now.
Apple pie from the church bake sale. It was good. Not really sweet...

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Steak w/mushrooms &
baked Potato's, Corn on the cob.
three bean on iceberg wedge.

Attachments

• sat sal.jpg
    sat sal.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 93
  • sat din.jpg
    sat din.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 93

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ninja was packed last night, so was China Dragon.
We wound up going to Hong Kong buffet.
I got the peanut butter chicken which I just love.
Also wings, crab rangoon, and green beans.
Second trip was the same.

20181208_193647-768x768.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Saturday's One-Too-Many BBQ Burgers, Mushrooms in Butter & Wine, Baked Spud with Sour Cream, Green Bean Fries (Air Fryer) ...

Burgers, BBQ, Green Bean Fries, Mushrooms.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, your buffet green beans look great, as do your battered and air-fried green beans, Lucky!

There was a restaurant in my town that made those fried green beans and I adored them! How did you do yours?

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
THX, QSis !
I let them get a little too crisp..... should've cut some time off from the normal oven time...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Saturday's One-Too-Many BBQ Burgers, Mushrooms in Butter & Wine, Baked Spud with Sour Cream, Green Bean Fries (Air Fryer) ...

Your wings and green bean fries make me want an air fryer. I've been checking them out on Amazon. I've read that you can do roasted peanuts really quick in them too. Still thinking though...

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
..... I've cooled somewhat on mine, Cooksie ... Already seeing paint chipping off the Drip Pan, and the unit is a chore to clean after anything "splattery"....

I'm already regretting not going for the Ninja Foodie .....
(SHHHH ! - 'somebody' is getting one for Xmas, then, after getting the first reports on it, maybe I'll upgrade to one for myself ...)