Fresh Mozzarella Sheets - Tomato & Basil Roll-Ups Idea

Just saw this ad on FN for Unwrap & Roll Fresh Mozzarella Sheets. The appetizer they made was the tomato & basil mozzarella roll-up. Lots of possibilities.

Mozz-sheet01-rev.jpg

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]UNWRAP[/FONT]
half-roll-rev.jpg

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]FILL AND ROLL[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Unwrap-roll-beauty-rev.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]SLICE AND SERVE[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]UNWRAP & ROLL™[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]FR[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]ESH MOZZARELLA SHEET[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Unlimited Ideas Using Unwrap & Roll™ Are Just 5 Easy Steps Away[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After opening the package, unroll the Fresh Mozzarella sheet (approx. 6" wide by 20" long) onto a clean, dry, smooth surface.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With a sharp knife or kitchen shears, slice the sheet in half (6" wide by 10" long), allowing for two different serving ideas.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Layer your favorite ingredients. Drain any wet ingredients to create a tighter roll.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roll back up. To prep ahead, wrap rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Slice, serve and enjoy![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Easy[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Serving Ideas[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sliced tomatoes and fresh basil leaves (as pictured)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chopped artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers and pesto sauce[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prosciutto and fresh basil leaves[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shaved roast beef and horseradish sauce[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Smoked salmon and BelGioioso Mascarpone cheese[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shaved turkey and cranberry sauce[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Salami and roasted red bell pepper strips[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cooked bacon pieces, roasted tomatoes and fresh basil leaves[/FONT]
http://www.belgioioso.com/UnwrapRoll.htm

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That's a pretty neat product. I saw that yesterday and was thinking that I can't wait for some really good tomatoes.

What fun we could have! :bounce:

I wa thinking rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes would taste great.

Or...

Smoked salmon & minced red onions

Figs

Asparagus tips & prosciutto

Jump in with any ideas, if you like.

Can't wait to pick some up.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'll be looking for this one, CC. It's an easy and interesting variation on a Caprese salad that my 7 year old could make.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'll be looking for this one, CC. It's an easy and interesting variation on a Caprese salad that my 7 year old could make.
Uh oh - sorry, CC. I re-read this and it came out totally wrong. I didn't mean this recipe was a kid's recipe. I meant that the roll up sheets of mozzarella and the whole basil leaves in the recipe would allow my boy to be able to make something pretty and that we would all want to eat! (I can only choke down so many ants-on-a-log. LOL) I'd be scared of him trying to chiffonade the basil like I usually do, and I'm sure that he would totally mangle balls of fresh mozzarella.

PanchoHambre

Where do you find 20" of fresh Mozz??? OMG It would never make it into a recipemmm mmm but I love Caprese... wolfed a lot down at Sicillian aunt's easter.. along with much articohke