NetCookingTalk is now on FACEBOOK!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks so much for taking the bull by the horns on this one mama. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
NCT's facebook and twitter accounts are now linked so whenever we make a post to facebook, it will also be tweeted! We need more "likes" on facebook and more "followers" on Twitter so if anyone has a facebook or twitter account it would be great if you could "like" or "follow" us and we can all have a hand in making NCT the biggest and best cooking forum on the net!!!!!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
NCT's facebook and twitter accounts are now linked so whenever we make a post to facebook, it will also be tweeted! We need more "likes" on facebook and more "followers" on Twitter so if anyone has a facebook or twitter account it would be great if you could "like" or "follow" us and we can all have a hand in making NCT the biggest and best cooking forum on the net!!!!!!
I liked on facebook but I don't know anything about tweet.

We need to get the facebook like button on NCT so we can "like" posts.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm not very tech savy Peeps but I have been doing some research and I'm hoping that either Andy or someone else who is good at that kind of stuff can help. I'm hoping to get a like/twitter button on each thread....maybe one day even adding a youtube button.

Adding the button to a forum is a little different than adding it to a website so I don't know how to do it...hopefully with the help of some of the good folks here though we'll figure it out.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I liked on facebook but I don't know anything about tweet.

We need to get the facebook like button on NCT so we can "like" posts.
That is on my list peeps.

Mama, I have to add the code to do that. I didn't realize that was what you meant in our PM exchange. I just have to find the 'right' place to add the code. Shouldn't be to hard. I'll look into that and try to have it set later this week. Busy today and tomorrow with family get togethers.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
No problem Doc! Have fun and enjoy your time with family!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The "Like" button is now at the bottom of the first post in every thread. Please try it out when you find a post you like and post here if you have any problems.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The "Like" button is now at the bottom of the first post in every thread. Please try it out when you find a post you like and post here if you have any problems.
Doc I don't see a "Like" button.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OK Here is the skinny Doc:

You CAN SEE the "Like" button if you chose Default VB Style OR Pizza View Style.

You CAN NOT SEE the "Like" button if you chose Default VB2 OR Gonzo (I didn't try the Mobile Style so I don't know about that one) View Style.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think I found the mistake. Try it again if you will. Thanks!!!!!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think it was Pizza but not sure. I will try 2 other threads (one with each of the 2 styles) and note which style. Give me a couple minutes BRB

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think I found the mistake. Try it again if you will. Thanks!!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT I got BEFORE I saw this post:

When I tried in Default VB Style I got this error (actually what is posted below IS A LOT more than I actually saw Thats what showed up when I pasted it):

Like. Confirm You like this. · Add Comment · Admin Page · Insights ·
ErrorTiger Lilly likes this.Be the first of your friends to like this. ·
Add Comment · Admin Page · Insights · Error

When I tried to Like in Pizza style and got a red flashing error also.

NOW I will go try again.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OK Default VB Style first said the error message and didn't show up on my FB profile. THEN I noticed the is a little x that you can click which makes it possible to reset the Like button and you can click it again. (I copied this but you can't see the little x)

ConfirmYou like http://www.netcookingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3665. · Add Comment · Admin Page · Insights · ErrorTiger Lilly likes this.

Which I did and got the error. So I clicked the x again BUT this time I ADDED a comment (I just put testing in the comment and hit post) and this is what showed up on my FB page:

Tiger Lilly
TESTING

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3665
www.netcookingtalk.com

Like · · Share · http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=268596393169404&id=100000575727394

BUT when I clicked the NCT link I got this error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /showthread.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.17 (Fedora) Server at www.netcookingtalk.com Port 80

Does this make sense? I DON'T know why when I copy and paste it shows more than just looking at it on the actual page (it's like showing the code? It's like photographing a ghost not visible to the naked eye. LOL)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Third times a charm (I hope). I think it's fixed now.
Thanks for working with me on this peeps!!!! :tiphat:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Third times a charm (I hope). I think it's fixed now.
Thanks for working with me on this peeps!!!! :tiphat:
Sorry Doc had to run a few errands and then cook. I will check it out.

I guess I'm the resident dinasaur. I'm not a member of FB or Twitter, so I don't understand how this site ties in w/ other sites. Re the like & dislike thumbs on a post/thread, I would rather see members reply here (in a positive manner) - & not have a thumbs up or down. I vaguely remember (on another site w/ this same format), members could give posts/threads "x" amount of Stars. Didn't much care for that, but it might give you a better idea of what kinds of threads/posts are appreciated. Just my two cents.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Facebook and twitter are social networking sites that can be used to get the word out about NCT and hopefully help it to grow. Whenever a member here "likes" a thread, it will be added to their newsfeed on facebook and twitter. It will then be available to all of their friends to see. If it's an interesting thread, hopefully curiosity will get the best of them and they will click on the link and be brought to the thread that their friend "likes". It's why virtually EVERY decent sized company and website has a facebook page. It's great advertising and best of all, it's free!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I don't do Facebook, but I'd like to help NCT. Does it help NCT if I do the like button on the threads that I like?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I think you have to have a facebook account for it to work but you can always add a link on your blog to NCT if you want :smile:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mama's right. You have to have a facebook account for it to work. A link on your blog would help for sure. We like links. That is part of what liking on FB does. It gives us a link on Facebook.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have a nebby friend ?(friend?!) sans a life besides poking into others' business, this is why i hesitate. she soon joined the forum way when ago when she saw i was on here via FB,, so i needed to sadly unfriend NCT. i like to keep much from her, that's me, tho. i'm game, otherwise. i can block her.