Getting peeved at the food store?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
You are so bad!!!:lol:
I've never tried their sausages......I usually go to Rudy's in Willowick because I've gone there for years. I'll have to give B&P's a try!

I calls 'em likes I sees 'em. Rudy's is good. I buy the Slovenian smoked sausages there. Also, I get my hair cut at the barber shop next door.

homecook

I calls 'em likes I sees 'em. Rudy's is good. I buy the Slovenian smoked sausages there. Also, I get my hair cut at the barber shop next door.

I get the fresh garlic kielbasa! Dh used to get his hair cut their also....when we lived out there. The one brother lives right around the corner from you and us.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Barb and Patty use to be on Mayfield Rd and I use to go there all the time. They use to make smoked chicken as well as smoked turkey. I wondered where they moved to.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
JoeV, did you ever try the butcher shop in E 185th--I am not sure it is still there but they use to make their own sausage as well. I believe they are related to the DeGaetano family. (if I spelled that right) Actually, there were two shops really near one another.

homecook

Barb and Patty use to be on Mayfield Rd and I use to go there all the time. They use to make smoked chicken as well as smoked turkey. I wondered where they moved to.

They've been out in MOL and Mentor for the past 20 some years.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I get the fresh garlic kielbasa! Dh used to get his hair cut their also....when we lived out there. The one brother lives right around the corner from you and us.
Paul lives over by me, and he can't cut hair worth a shit. I looked like a stepladder on the back of my head when he used to cut my hair, so now only Frank does it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
JoeV, did you ever try the butcher shop in E 185th--I am not sure it is still there but they use to make their own sausage as well. I believe they are related to the DeGaetano family. (if I spelled that right) Actually, there were two shops really near one another.
I'm not allowed back in that neighborhood for reasons which I shall not elaborate on.:bonk::bonk:

homecook

Paul lives over by me, and he can't cut hair worth a shit. I looked like a stepladder on the back of my head when he used to cut my hair, so now only Frank does it.

I agree! He gave us a hard time when we first took son there for his first haircut....he didn't want to put up with a child. Jerk!!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Around here in the PNW it's all pretty readily available shipped either from Mexico or California. The freshness of it is another thing, it just depends on which store you go to. For my "regular" grocery items I go to one store but their produce and meat isn't exactly the greatest so then I go somewhere else....

lilylove

WHERE DO YOU GO Rickismom? Unless we go down town to Pikes Market... Fresh is hard to find around here !! Freds is the WORST!!!!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
WHERE DO YOU GO Rickismom? Unless we go down town to Pikes Market... Fresh is hard to find around here !! Freds is the WORST!!!!

It's usually Safeway or Top Foods....not in Iss though. The Front Street Market also has pretty good produce and seafood as well, much better than Freds!