Happy Birthday Ross!!!!! :happybday1:

Hope you have a GREAT day!!!! :dancing: :thewave:

Thanks for catching Ross's bday and starting this thread CC. :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Happiest Birthday EVER to you, Ross!

What's cooking on the BGE in celebration of your special day???

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Happy belated Birthday Ross! I hope you had a great day!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Happy Birthday Quirky!!

Oh, Happy, Happy Birthday to you, Quirky!!!

What you have planned for today???

Enjoy!

Lee

Darkginger

Hello all :)

Hiya, I signed up in January, but only just remembered that I did (it's me age, you know!). I'm Jo, a Brit living in the west of Ireland with her husband, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a cockerel (no kids). We've been here for 12 years now, and love the place. It's right by the Atlantic (and in the middle of rural nowhere) so we have access to all sorts of wonderful seafood (my husband goes shore fishing, there are also mussels, winkles and the occasional sea-urchin in the rock pools), not to mention grass fed beef, local lamb, fresh eggs (not from our own hens until we get some more next spring, but a friend has some), free-range pork (from some other friends), plus loads of wild hedgerow-type stuff - blackberries, sloes, edible fungi and so on.

I'm a total foodie who cooks nearly everything from scratch, makes bread and wine and cider, am just starting out with homemade sausages, and one day would love to have a go at cheese.

My favourite cuisine is probably Indian, and I've come close to replicating a proper British Indian Restaurant curry (which is totally different from an authentic Indian curry) at home - had to, really, because our nearest good Indian is about 30 miles away (which is a long way on Irish roads). I also enjoy cooking Chinese food, traditional Irish food, good old English roasts, and fiddling around with posh dinner party recipes off the telly - not that we have a telly, but I watch online :)

Half the time I eat low carb, but the other half I fail miserably and eat everything in sight. It's an ongoing fight that I'm probably destined to lose, but hey - I'm over 50, have spent most of my life dieting, and am about ready to throw in the towel! This is why stretch pants exist :)

So, there ya go, practically my autobiography - I do talk a lot, given half a chance :) Nice to be here!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hello all :)

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

You will fit right in here, DG!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone

Welcome, Jo. The majority of us are also 'over 50', so we understand!

Jump right in - we're a welcoming bunch. We have a lot of scratch cooks, several great bread bakers, and a few who make their own sausages, so you will have a lot to contribute.

By the way, when March 17th approaches, you can help me get on my soapbox to disavow folks in the U.S. of the myth that corned beef is Irish! :yum:

Cead mile failte! :lucky:

Darkginger

Hiya :) You're right about the corned beef - think that's much more an American-Irish thing than an Irish thing, although Tesco's Ireland were selling shrinkwrapped joints of 'corned' beef a while back - like in a marinade. Tried one, and it was really rather nice, but not something I've seen in homes or on menus here much at all. Bacon and cabbage is FAR more common.

No green beer here, either, go raibh maith agat ;)

Welcome Darkginger

Hi. Nice to meet you. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Indian cuisine is very popular here is So. California, but I don't have much experience preparing it at home. Glad you joined us. Pull up a chair.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

welcome-pink.gif

WelcometotheGroupCup.gif

happy-posting-1.gif

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter

Hiya Darkginger. Enjoy yourself here and talk all you want. One question: Is it true that the Guinness grows stale by the time it reaches the west coast? ;)

Mr. Green Jeans

Welcome Ginger. It looks like we share similar climates, Our place is in western Oregon just a hop over the Coastal Mountains to the coast.