Buzz checking in

What kind of cook are you?

• Subsistence - I just struggle to get the family fed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grillin' & Chillin' - if it's not on the grill, don't bother me.

• Cook??? My other half cooks - I just eat.

• Total voters

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICKISMOM!!!!!!!

Happiest of Happy Birthdays to you, RM! Hope you are having a special and wonderful day today!

Lee

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICKISMOM!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody!! I've had a very bittersweet day. My father used to make me my birthday dinner, grilled salmon & halibut and since he's been gone I really miss him on my birthday. Hubby did a great job grilling salmon for dinner tonight but it will never be as good as Dad's....
Thank you all so very much, that made my day!! :biggrin:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Happy Birthday Lesley!

onion_head_tmb1.jpg

Hope your day is special!

sSp_bdaycakesmilie.gif :flowers:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: Happy Birthday Lesley!

Happy Birthday sweetie!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Happy, Happy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, lesley!

Hope you get to (or GOT to) do something fun to celebrate!

Lee

P.S. Terrific pic, Sass! LOL!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Happy Birthday Lesley! :happybday1:

Hope you had a GREAT day!!!!! :dancing: :thewave:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Lesley, I just checked out your blog - what incredibly BEAUTIFUL food photos!

Nice job!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Happy Birthday lilbopeep!

PEEPS!!! Happy Birthday! Here's wishing it is your best one ever!!! :clap:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Happy Birthday lilbopeep!

Oh, Peep, I hope you have a spectacularly Happy Birthday today, and that you are treated like a queen!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Happy Birthday lilbopeep!

Happy Birthday Peeps!!!!! :happybday1:

Hope you have a GREAT day!!!!!!!! :dancing: :thewave: :thewave:

Wart

Banned
Hello again. :)

Jeez, so where have I been ...

Last fall I posted less and less but I was carrying 17 hours at the local UCLA. Then in the winter I took 10 or 12 hours ... Physics, Chem, and related labs. Amazing how much time that can chew up. Not to say the Fine Folks at NCT are distractions but I couldn't afford distractions. I got out of the habit of posting.

Started a garden. First garden I did by myself ever. Boy, did I learn about spacing tomato plants and putting in too much lettuce seed! LOL!

I need to know how to harvest some herbs adn when I Googled 'harvesting boxwood' NTC popped at the top of the list. That reminded me of this site and I figured I should drop by.

This isn't the only time I thought of this site. A while back Wife came home and said she bought spaghetti sauce ,,,, and handed me 3 or 4 packs of meat and bone. So I find myself outside early one beautiful summer morning grilling these meats and bones when I get this feeling and start looking over my shoulder. I was looking for the Cardinals and Blue Birds bringing my Crown and Cape. I despise Disney but I felt like I was in one of their movies. I wondered who I could share this with ... My Wife and the fine folks at NTC.

To know why this is shareworthy you would need to know something else which happened in the past few months. I went to the doctor for the first time in years, had a blood pressure of 146 or so (I forget what it was over, I choked on the 146). He said 'blood work and MRI (MRI because I told him about my nerve pain).

Short of it is, I'm a Type 2 Diabetic. Outstanding!

No, really, it is.

For years I was going to Doctors because I felt like CRAP. I would hurt when I went to bed and wake up feeling worse. Many mornings I would wake depressed and it wasn't uncommon to feel like ... well, like I did something the night before and the Cops (or someone) was going to bust down the door and take me away .... It got so bad I went to a Shrink, thats another story.

So I went to the Doc (My burning through "Doctors" is another story), this one had been my Doctor for 5 or 6 years but I never went to him because experience had demonstrated there was no point, and I told him about what was going on, and he sends me for blood work and the MRI.

I had blood drawn Saturday morning. Monday before 0830 the Doctors office called and was setting me up with an ASAP appointment. No kidding, must have found something. A Fasting Blood Sugar of 150.

Damn, this is turning out to be a pretty long post ,

For the last couple of months I have watched my sugar and taken care of what I ate, and guess what?

I no longer wake up depressed and gloomy or sore and aching.

In retrospect I can see where I have probably been a diabetic for years if not decades.

I guess I'll go to the Chit Chat off topic forum(s) to make the rest of this post, I mean, I did just come in to see how to trim boxwood basal. LOL!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Hello again. :)

Glad you are back with us! :tiphat:

It's good they finally found your diabetes and you are feeling better.

Jim

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Wow, thanks for sharing. :thumb: Glad to hear they finally figured out what the heck was going on. Hopefully you got your blood pressure under control also.

And last but not least I'm glad google is still our friend and helps folks find NCT or remember us here at NCT. :thumb: :clap: :clap:

Welcome back Wart!!!!!!!! :beer:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Wart, welcome back, and thank you for sharing such personal stuff with us! So glad you are feeling better and on the right health track, finally!

Looking forward to your being back in the fold, and to your wit and wisdom!

Lee

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter

Good to hear from you again. Good you now have a diagnosis, you should be able to keep it under control.