Baked Talapia

thcri

Here is a recipe that I tried tonight and it was great. Recommend for all.

2 egg whites, beaten
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dillweed (I didn't have any just went without)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup cornflake crumbs (I substituted Butter Crackers)
2 pounds fresh or frozen white-fleshed fish fillets such as cod, haddock, or whiting, thawed if frozen
Nonstick cooking spray
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a shallow dish, combine the egg whites, lemon juice, dillweed, salt, and pepper. Place the cornflake crumbs in another shallow dish.
  3. Dip the fish in the egg mixture then the crumbs, coating evenly; place on a baking sheet. Lightly spray the fish with nonstick cooking spray.
  4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

It was top notch, make sure you spray the pan and the top of the fish with the cooling spray.

murph

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Murph. Welcome to the cooking side of the house. I'm glad you joined up.
Good 1st post, I like when substitutions are mentioned and the outcome for the dish.
Sounds great.
I'll bump your rep points for that one. :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Be sure to let us know how it turns out with perch. Like you, I suspect it would work just fine.

Stussy's_Angel

Be sure to let us know how it turns out with perch. Like you, I suspect it would work just fine.

Well, the fish looked awful so I'll have to try it later. They has salmon (fillets & steaks) and perch on sale. The only "fresh" stuff was the salmon fillets and even those didn't look great. The rest of it all had a nice coat of slime on it! :sick: