View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Restaurant Chef

Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,314 Posts
lilbopeep will become famous soon enoughlilbopeep will become famous soon enough
Style:
Default Re: Let's Talk ... Sauces, Dips, Gravies Etc

I make gravy in pots, pans I fry meat in and want to get all the brown goodies left in the pan. I sometimes deglaze and make gravy right in the roasting pan after I roast chicken, beef or the t-day turkey in. My favorite pans to cook in are cast iron (I even roast eye round in my cast iron fry pan with a round rack placed in it, then make the gravy right in that pan after roast and rack is removed) but most of my pots (cuisinart and kitchen aid) have flat bottoms and rounded sides. I guess I have the best of both worlds because my gravies taste good whatever I use .... Or I may just be lucky. Just my 2

I do have one of the all clad sauce pans and I hate it. The handle is to long and heavy so the pot tips over and spills whatever is in it all over the stove.

Sorry but these are my experiences I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Never explain yourself. Your friends don't need it and your enemies won't believe it anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to lilbopeep For This Useful Post:
Shermie (08-15-2014)