Gadgets that you LOVE!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I love this one! I started hating to have to chop herbs due to arthritis and carpal tunnel. BUT now I can chop up a mess of herbs for meatballs and sauce in no time flat with this little beauty.
I wish I had found this years ago. It really takes no time to chop a whole bunch of basil, parsley, oregano etc.

Zyliss FastCut™ Herb Dicer/Mincer

Zyliss_Herb_Dicer_Mincer.jpg

Last edited:

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
Aside from a coffee grinder and a stick blender, I use very few gadgets. Most to me take more time to clean than they are worth.

Gadgets that allow workarounds to physical limitations, however serve a very useful purpose.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have a rotary cheese grater that I just love and use all the time. It may be Zyliss, IDK for sure. After Adillo put that on here about saw dust in pre-grated cheese, I started grating my own. I do slip up every once in a while though and buy some pre-grated :dizzy:.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have been grating my Parm and Romano cheese since the ..... well years. I think it tastes better. Before I got my own graters I would pick out a chunk and had the guy at the cheese counter grate fresh. They would gripe saying that the stuff in the containers were fresh but I wanted to see them grate the chunk I picked. Now I use my microplane and grate as needed.

Last edited:

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
I have been grating my Parm and Romano cheese since the ..... we'll years. I think it tastes better. Before I got my own graters I would pick out a chunk and had the guy at the cheese counter grate fresh. They would gripe saying that the stuff in the containers were fresh but I wanted to see them grate the chunk I picked. Now I use my microplane and grate as needed.

Forgot that gadget. I use a micro plane.

Dried out bad cheese in a cardboard box just doesn't do it for me.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Ding...forgot the poach pods! Love them, but I don't use them very often.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
The handle on my rotary cheese grater broke off. It may have broken due to putting it in the dishwasher :whistling:.

I ordered another one, this time an OXO. I didn't realize when I ordered it that it came with a small cap that can snap on the end of the barrel. If you cut off more cheese than you need, you can use the cap and store it in the refrigerator.

I'll have to see if I like that little perk or not.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've had THIS one for YEARS now! :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Attachments

• Roller Mincer..jpg
    Roller Mincer..jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 149

Shermie

Site Supporter
Don't know.

All I know is that it's a great little gadget for mincing parsley, cilantro, leeks & other small things! :bbq::bbq3:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Bought THIS yesterday! it's small & cheap. :applause:

Attachments

• blackmarblemortarpestleB.jpg
    blackmarblemortarpestleB.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 143

Ironman

🍺
Got this at a flea market in Mexico last year for 90 pesos ($4.~) :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 134

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my paring knives, guys~~ they're great-- they multi-task so well, & 4 so many cooking tasks; u could make stew, sammiches, salad, pare that pear, & then cork an adult beverage--