View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:47 PM
Grill Master

Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,557 Posts
QSis will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What to do with Vinegar Peppers?

Well, I made one of the recipes that Sass posted above and it was great! https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes...inegar-peppers

I had two thick pork chops, I used only one cup of sliced vinegar peppers and I thickened the sauce with a bit of Wondra. Everything else I did as per the recipe. Oh, and I didn't have rosemary (too bad, cuz I love it).

I thought with the peppers and red wine vinegar it might be TOO vinegar-y, but it wasn't.

Even better leftover (I only ate half a chop per meal).

Thanks, Sass!

I still have enough peppers leftover to try both Dogboa's sausage and pepper, and luvs prosciutto and pepper sandwiches.

Lee

Pork Chops with Vinegar Peppers

Ingredients
3 tablespoons sugar
Salt and pepper
4 (8- to 10-ounce) bone-in pork rib chops, 1 inch thick, trimmed
cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, halved and sliced thin
8 garlic cloves, lightly crushed and peeled
2 anchovy fillets, rinsed, patted dry, and minced
1 cup thinly sliced sweet green vinegar peppers
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 cup chicken broth
cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter

Instructions
Serves 4

1. Dissolve sugar and 3 tablespoons salt in 1 quarts cold water in large container. Add chops, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.

2. Place flour in shallow dish. Remove chops from brine. Pat chops dry with paper towels and season with pepper. Working with 1 chop at a time, dredge both sides in flour, shaking off excess. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chops and cook until well browned on first side, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip chops and cook on second side for 1 minute; transfer to plate, browned side up.

3. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion, garlic, and anchovies to now-empty skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is softened and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add peppers and rosemary and cook until peppers begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Add broth and vinegar and bring to boil.

4. Arrange chops, browned side up, in skillet and add any accumulated juices from plate. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until chops register 145 degrees, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer chops to serving platter and tent loosely with aluminum foil.

5. Increase heat to high and boil sauce until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Off heat, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir any accumulated juices from platter into sauce. Discard rosemary and spoon sauce over chops. Serve.

Thick chops, browned

Name:  Pork%20chops%201.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  143.9 KB

Onions and garlic

Name:  Pork%20chops%202.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  140.5 KB

Vinegar peppers added

Name:  Pork%20chops%203.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  172.4 KB