Spatchcock Chicken

Johnny West

Tonight it was a spatchcocked chicken in the Weber with pecan for smoke. The side was spaghetti squash with Muir Glen marinara that I doctored with onions and mushrooms. Muir Glen is so good I doubt I'll make from scratch anymore.

Attachments

• #ChixI.jpg
    #ChixI.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 67
  • #ChixII.jpg
    #ChixII.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 64
  • #ChixIII.jpg
    #ChixIII.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 62

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Great looking bird.

Interesting comment on the spaghetti sauce. After looking closely, I find only two sauces in my area that do not have added sugar. Rao's and La Victoria. The latter is significantly less costly than the former and tastes great !

Johnny West

Thanks all for the kind comments. I keep the smoking simple and only salt the bird before grilling. Using pecan was a first and very good. We only ate half and will use the rest to make chicken salad.

I'm not sure where she got the sugar free Muir Glen, probably WinCo and will get more next trip. Rao's is to expensive but have used several of their recipes I got on line. The lemon chicken is good as are their grilled peppers and, of course, the mrs does not like either.

Johnny West

I did up this 6# yard bird on the grill last night and used a big chunk of pecan for smoke which gave it a nice flavor but not overpowering like hickory tends to do. There is half the bird left for chicken salad.

Attachments

• #Chix III.jpg
    #Chix III.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 44