What are you doing today?

Embryodad

I went to the mall today and got a haircut then on to a place for new glasses. My eye sight is not 20/20, anymore, from the lasik surgery and don't want the tune up. Glasses are so expensive now!

I ordered a case of Seville oranges and will make marmalade after Christmas.
I was surprised that the pair of glasses post cataract surgery was free of cost, and paid through Medicare. Only 1 pair.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Repeating my post from forumsforums.
---------------

Had a fab day relaxing with the dog and opened some Christmas cards received in the mail.
From my brother John, Aunt Rosemary, my niece Becca and family, Jeff and Ty and three from England! My friend Pauline Chivers, old neighbour Audrey Short and my late hubby Steve's daughter/our daughter Leeanne.

Made thin cut pork chops in the grill pan and some rice-a-roni for dinner.

It's currently 28 degrees.
Temps are making a gradual return to better weather.
50 predicted on Christmas Day, 54 on Boxing Day!

Johnny West

Today did my kitchen floor, a lot on my ass, and had to scoot to the steps to get up. The hips aren't what they used to be.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My computer is about dead, and I've been told by several that it would cost more money to bring it back to life than to buy a new one. So, I've been shopping around. All those technical things make my eyes glaze over. I've just about decided, but I'm not sure if I want an intel 5 or pay a little more for the 7.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
unless you're doing really intensive stuff like CAD, mega-databases, graphics editing, etc. you won't see any use out of 'more'
I have a 64b HP notebook with the I7 - looking at Resources in Task Manager, it's rare the upper CPUs ever see any activity. in fact, some "update" puts half the CPUs in "park" to conserve battery energy.... buy a bunch, disable half of them. that works....

8 gb RAM is nice tho.

Attachments

• tmpcpu.jpg
    tmpcpu.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 110

Embryodad

Today was cleaning day. The woman that helps DW clean, was here, and the house sparkles.
The complete cleaning of the kitties poopy boxes downstairs is my job. That gets done on cleaning day.
Nice how they elected me to that job!
Now that my chores are done, I'll grab a beer and relax a bit.

Johnny West

Same here, except no cats; allergic x 2.

We just finished vaccuming the whole downdowstairs, cleaned the leather couches and chair and switched couches on the L. PITA but it's what she wanted.

I had leftover prime rib for lunch which hit the spot.

My sweetie is on her way and I'm done with housework.

lilylove

Picking up Paulie's new car...grocery shopping....

Napping... cooking for a party that we are not sure that we are going too... fireworks show (at the condo next door)... and then bed. :) Happy New Year!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
unless you're doing really intensive stuff like CAD, mega-databases, graphics editing, etc. you won't see any use out of 'more'
I have a 64b HP notebook with the I7 - looking at Resources in Task Manager, it's rare the upper CPUs ever see any activity. in fact, some "update" puts half the CPUs in "park" to conserve battery energy.... buy a bunch, disable half of them. that works....

8 gb RAM is nice tho.

Thanks Chowder! Ok, going with i5 HP. You've been a tremendous help.

Saw some assorted pork chops for $1.79/lb at Sam's, so I came home and used my vacuum sealer. I love that thing, but I'm kind of shocked at how fast you can go through the bags. I've already used 75' :ohmy:.

Embryodad

We're cooking kielbasi, and making deviled eggs for the two person NYE Party tonight.
House smells like @$$ crack right now!

Johnny West

We're cooking kielbasi, and making deviled eggs for the two person NYE Party tonight.
House smells like @$$ crack right now!

Really?! I wanted to grill kielbasi but got out voted. :bbq:

I made a run to Winco for horseradish to make sauce for the oysters; will have some herring and oysters later, after the kolaches wear off; Moet and Chandon for later.

Johnny West

Yesterday Peter downloaded my computer to a hard drive, wiped it clean, and rid it of malware that may or may not be there, now is reinstalling. I don't understand it all but he is the engineer and knows what he's doing.

Today I cleaned off the mrs' car windows of ice and snow and now getting ready for the Iowa / Florida game.

Embryodad

Very slow connection and time outs from here.
Anyone else?
:waiting::dizzy::yum:
Thank you for the New Year Greeting, and same to you and all.

No noticeable drop in internet speed from here. Seems ok!

NOPE!...i TAKE THAT BACK. Slow to divert the post to its place!....

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you for the New Year Greeting, and same to you and all.

No noticeable drop in internet speed from here. Seems ok!

NOPE!...i TAKE THAT BACK. Slow to divert the post to its place!....

Thanks Jimmy.

The connection seems to come and go in spurts.
Right now it seems okay.

I thought I was going to have to do a 12 hr shift until 2am, but that turned in my favour.
:smile:
Good day all in all.
It's raining buckets right now and 44 degrees!

Embryodad

Thanks Jimmy.

The connection seems to come and go in spurts.
Right now it seems okay.

I thought I was going to have to do a 12 hr shift until 2am, but that turned in my favour.
:smile:
Good day all in all.
It's raining buckets right now and 44 degrees!
I'm glad for you; you got a break.
Right now, I'm doing the Mid Watch (shift). Washing and Emptying the dish washer...
putting stuff away. Going down to put a load of towels in the washer.

I'll get to sleep at around 4 / 5 o'clock am.
I guess I've become nocturnal. hahahahaa....like a Possum.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not much on the agenda today.
Chiropractor appointment later, then I'll stop and get a bite to eat after.

lilylove

Breakfast with friends at one of our favorite taco stands. Everything is farm fresh and oh so tasty! Grocery shopping and then sitting on the beach or by the pool. It's a hard hard life but...someone has to do it...so lol... I guess I will. :) :)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Getting the spare bedroom ready for my eldest granddaughter to come visit.

She opted to go back home with Daddy.
Methinks she actually wanted to get back home to be with friends being it's Friday night and all.
No problem here.
I was 15 once. lol

Saliha

During cold week here I have spend my time with knitting new socks.

Here we go... These I made earlier at this week:

LYWvE2q.jpg

These ones I finished today:

rZArf5E.jpg

No more cold feet.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
coaxing my pal to get a draft w/ me-- he says it's too cold; i said he is being a ***** & to get over himself-- thank God for snowboots-- i'll head there by myself if he's staying put--

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Had to go do annual blood work today...gah, I hate it.

I used one of those Zip-It things over the weekend for the first time ever. That's a pretty cool and cheap little tool. I did have a little moment of panic when I thought I wasn't going to be able to pull it back out of the drain. After some jiggling, it did come out and the slow draining sink drains just fine now. The directions say that you should only use it one and throw it away. I'm not so sure about that.

lilylove

First pre-HOA meeting... oh joy. Lots of "things" to discuss.

And then dinner with friends. Taco stand. We are trying to find the best one in town and there are oh so many to choose from. :) :) :)

Johnny West

Last weekend I was voted junior warden for property at my church. Not to be to catty, he left a lot of things undone and never asked for help. I'm doing catch up and getting a huge list done. One is major and may need a contractor. I need to talk to vestry about my boundaries on getting bids and the like. It is a challenge.

Today I repair a utility rack in the kitchen pantry and tighten screws on the communion rail... lots of little things.

That is all. :tiphat: